KFX 450 HQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well not really, but i do have access to one. The shop that manufactures my bumpers has one. i sat on it today. It is pretty nice. It is lower in person then the photos look. The air box and filter are Huge overall a reallly nice bike. I also heard they will be out in 2 weeks to the public. I can post some photos, but i figure everyone has seen it. Let me know if you would like a certain photo of it. I cannot wait to get mine.

fuelatv

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well not really, but i do have access to one. The shop that manufactures my bumpers has one. i sat on it today. It is pretty nice. It is lower in person then the photos look. The air box and filter are Huge overall a reallly nice bike. I also heard they will be out in 2 weeks to the public. I can post some photos, but i figure everyone has seen it. Let me know if you would like a certain photo of it. I cannot wait to get mine.
fuelatv[/b]

sounds good, post up some of the pics that you have, I'm interested to see.

·
Registered
57 Posts
What i have yet to do is see this thing in person. I went a International bike show and they didn't bring one. I was thinking of getting one but i figured i'd have to buy over $2,000 in suspension parts to get it wider and perform as good as a stock LTR.

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With the narrow pivot points it should work even better then the LTR450 once Long Travel suspension is added. i will have Long Travel Max Clearance a-arms and shocks available for $1725.00. I will have suspension about 3 weeks once i have my KFX.

FUELATV

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sounds like a nice bike but im still glad i bought my LTR since im a casual rider i dont wanna plop down another 3gs for suspension nerfs exhaust ect ect

Btw fuel did you actually BUY one or are you just borrowing one to make parts for it ect ect and did you sell ur LTR if you did get a KFX?

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i sold my 06 LTR450, but i am keeping the wifes 07 LTR. I love my LTR it was dialed in and PERFECT. I cannot imagine a bike being setup any better. I just cannot afford to buy another bike without selling one of the ones i have and i want to develop parts for the KFX so one had to go. I dont have mine yet. I will have the first one going to my dealer. The guy who manufactures my bumpers is in good with Kawi so he got one last week to manufacture my bumpers.

FUELATV

·
Registered
588 Posts
well i sold my 06 LTR450, but i am keeping the wifes 07 LTR. I love my LTR it was dialed in and PERFECT. I cannot imagine a bike being setup any better. I just cannot afford to buy another bike without selling one of the ones i have and i want to develop parts for the KFX so one had to go. I dont have mine yet. I will have the first one going to my dealer. The guy who manufactures my bumpers is in good with Kawi so he got one last week to manufacture my bumpers.
FUELATV[/b]
[attachment=189:stfu.gif]

[attachment=188:joke.gif]

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
My black one is at the dealer!!!!!!!!!!! I got the call today but was unable to go to see it because I was at a StPats Parade. I can't pick it up till monday or tueday becuase they said they didn't have all the paper work for it......

Will post pics soon!

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
44 Posts
So I can't sleep thinking about the new 450....kind of P#$%ed off :angry: that I was unable to get to see it yesterday even if I could not get it yet....so I went to the dealers web site to check the hours for monday and there it is!!!! :eek:

http://www.twojacks.com/default.asp

The guy from two jacks, Randy, left me the voice mail that it was in and is is funny as hell, sounded like he was stroking himself as he explained how beautiful he think the quad is as he was leaving the message, lol

some where I guess I gave my permission for a photo shot, lol and I thougth it was for the pictures at the bar during the St Pats parade.....

It will be home tommorow!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Got it today. dealer is still waiting on paper work but they worked up some way around it. Appearently, the quad came fropm NY but the paper work comes from CA.

First options/feelings about it....
1. Looks awesome.
2. Seems to start "ok" but not as well as I thought the FI would
3. Battery is low frame...under the radiator...interesting
4. Tight feel to it (I like that)
5. spins instead of wheeling
6. on pavement and going in 5th it has a vibration going through it. Kind of bad
7. Head lights look awesome, but kind of suck in the dark
8. Reverse is geared high
9. Have to figure out where the knob is for cold starts. Didn't know FI needed this
10. too wet/snowy/icy to give it any real ride. Never really when over 1/2 throtle
11. First glance looks to be Honda bolt patterns
12. header makes a lot of heat, Might have to wrap it.
13. Rear swing arm is clean and simple, very nice
14. Parking brake is the same old crap as every other sport quad
15. Has a low fuel light! .5 gal left when its on
16. Nice seat
17. Awesome looks

I'll give better ride fead back once it dries up here in NEPA.

·
Registered
44 Posts
When I was putting my deposit down weeks ago, they made it sound like they were getting like 6 of them. Mean while, my black one is the first one and only one they got. I didn't ask where the other 5 were.

I want it to dry up so I can break it in a see if it was worth the wait! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
532 Posts
Kawi could have at least made the shock springs black. I am still waiting on mine. Put the down payment weeks ago. Sucks having to wait for a new toy when others are receiving them.

Bike looks great in black. I have a green one on order and I am first in line to recieve it if it ever gets here.

How is accessing the battery and over flow tank? how is the seat frim or soft? Where is the fuel pump located?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.