KFX 450 HQ Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day all

I’m Nathier.. I own my kfx450 for a week, I’ve been driving it daily since I got it, it was perfect.. today I took it out on a funduro an for the first 20min the bike was fine, however I went through a puddle of water bike started to back fire(like gun shots) an eventually it died. I then tried to start it an no luck. Battery died, a buddy of mine towed me for a few metres an it started. At this point I avoided water an continued the funduro for another 30min. Until I was forced to go through another puddle an the bike did exactly the same thing. We then discovered water in the coil. Is there anything I can do to fix this issue permanently, like relocate the coil or cover it better?

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Good day all

I’m Nathier.. I own my kfx450 for a week, I’ve been driving it daily since I got it, it was perfect.. today I took it out on a funduro an for the first 20min the bike was fine, however I went through a puddle of water bike started to back fire(like gun shots) an eventually it died. I then tried to start it an no luck. Battery died, a buddy of mine towed me for a few metres an it started. At this point I avoided water an continued the funduro for another 30min. Until I was forced to go through another puddle an the bike did exactly the same thing. We then discovered water in the coil. Is there anything I can do to fix this issue permanently, like relocate the coil or cover it better?

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

View attachment 29150
What do you mean “in” the coil?
Sounds like you have a short somewhere

1 - 2 of 2 Posts