KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everybody

I have a just traded my 05 predator for a kfx 450r. I bought it without even riding it, the dealer doesnt allow one to ride a new quad unless you buy it for sure. Overall I like the kawasaki but I must say I am a little disapointed in performance. I realize that its new but my predator was much quicker. My bro rides an 06 ltr450 and I cant come close to keeping up with him, of course he has a yoshi pipe and a cherry bomb on his. My question is what pipe to get and do I have to buy a 400-600 dollar programmer also? If this is true this thing is expensive to get power out of!

Thanks

·
Registered
469 Posts
You do buy a pipe but the 400-600 for the programmer is way off, i know some people find em for about 250 but the normal is about 300ish. Honestly man, the kfx450 is an awsome machine and will take alot less money to make race ready then a pred, or even trail ready, because the bike is new and has soo many great features yu will forget about the pred in no time

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hey Everybody

I have a just traded my 05 predator for a kfx 450r. I bought it without even riding it, the dealer doesnt allow one to ride a new quad unless you buy it for sure. Overall I like the kawasaki but I must say I am a little disapointed in performance. I realize that its new but my predator was much quicker. My bro rides an 06 ltr450 and I cant come close to keeping up with him, of course he has a yoshi pipe and a cherry bomb on his. My question is what pipe to get and do I have to buy a 400-600 dollar programmer also? If this is true this thing is expensive to get power out of!

Thanks[/b]

then you dont know how to ride man, the kfx is a good 2 or 3 bike lengths faster than the 05 predator and the ltr with a yoshi pipe and cherry bomb shouldnt be checking out on you to bad maybe by a bike length or so.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Hey Everybody

Thanks[/b]

There should be a pipe shootout on here soon but from past experience get the DASA and PCIII controller. Any of the site sponsors can help you out. Also for now pull the airbox lid and that should make a difference.

Question for you is how long are the drag races? The KFX450 seems to be quicker than most quads out of the hole but get passed on long runs because of the gearing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey Everybody

Thanks[/b]
First thing is to pull the air box lid off and order a pipe and power commander from Fuelatv.My KFX isnt getting beat by the pred or the 2007 LTR in the short run I am leaving both by about two or three bikes.The LTR starts to real me in after we are up in the 5 gear range.The best part is this quad is very good on the MX track and in the woods.Handling is unbelievable.You wont be sorry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts