KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

How to install a pro design kill switch

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  raredirt 
#1 ·
As anybody installed a prodesign kill switch on their KFX450r. I would like to know how to install it

thanks

#2 ·
I have just determined where I am going to mount mine (Pro Armour) and I am going to try and get it hooked up tomorrow. I will keep you posted and if anyone else has already installed a normally open kill switch maybe they will share.

One of the guys at my local dealer said to hook it into the cdi box and it will kill everything but, that just sounds awkward to me.

#7 ·
Pingle is a brand. It is the one most all pros use, and is widely regarded as the best bar-none. It is pricey at near 100 bucks, but by far the best quality. Check with c&d racing. www.cdracingonline.com[/b]
Should be able to get them here for around 90$

http://www.pingelonline.com/two_piece.htm

I personally think they are ugly and I do not like the way they mount but, I am sure they work which is what really matters.

I called and talked to a couple of the Kawi shops here and a sport shop over at the dunes and they really had no preference on what type of switch to use open or close they said as long as they are hooked up correctly there should be no problems. For me I have not raced yet and as old as I am probably won't ever race much just a lot of free riding at the dunes or trail riding. I just need a switch that will kill the engine anytime I ungracefully dismount (which is more frequently then I would like).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.