KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new green KFX 450 and love it, but looking to make some mods. I have a trinity slip on pipe (for now untill a pipe shootout comes out), and the trinity intake. No problems installing these, but i also have the dobek controller and don't have a clue where to start with it, hooking it up is not a problem but i am just looking for insight on how to adjust it. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the PC on my LTR and KFX, with those you load the specific map for your mods or as close to it from your computer to the module. It has buttons for adjusting the fuel delivery further if necessary.

With the dobeck controllers (which I have not used only read about) I believe once connected you can only adjust the fuel delivery. I can only presume you would hook it up and adjust it much like you would re-jetting for mods. Hook it up and richen it up till it runs like crap in all areas (low, mid, high) and then start leaning it out little by little until you get it running perfect. At least thats how I have done it when having to re-jet a carbed bike. You can do full throttle plug checks also. To be sure, hooking up to a dyno to get the air/fuel spot on is recommended.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts