KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys just purchaseed some hot cams stg 2, please tell me what I need to install it. What's up with the shimes, do I need it and where do I put them. Help me out please. I want to install them right.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Guys just purchaseed some hot cams stg 2, please tell me what I need to install it. What's up with the shimes, do I need it and where do I put them. Help me out please. I want to install them right.
You may need different shims to get proper valve clearance. Once the new cams are installed, you would use feeler gauges to check valve clearance. The shims are beneath the valve buckets. There are videos on youtube of how to check valve clearance, and swapping valve shims to get proper clearance.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I don't get a good feeling about this...There are many things that can be done by the owner but this is a bit more advanced for someone asking the questions you are.

Find a buddy who has a little more experience or take it to a shop. You can end up damaging a lot of things if something goes wrong, all of which cost a whole bunch of money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts