KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a set of stage 2 hc and the decompression isn't on the exhaust but how do you get the shaft out to activate the plunger please help because I'm lost i know you take off the weights and cam gear off the old cam but I can't find anything on how to get that shaft out please lmk asap

·
Super Moderator
10,020 Posts
I got a set of stage 2 hc and the decompression isn't on the exhaust but how do you get the shaft out to activate the plunger please help because I'm lost i know you take off the weights and cam gear off the old cam but I can't find anything on how to get that shaft out please lmk asap
To remove the two bolts holding the gear & decompression mechanism on the cam... heat them up with a torch or heat gun to over 500℉ to loosen the red threadlocker
& pull the gear & mechanism out of the cam...then push the pin & spring out with a small screw driver to put into the new cam
First pic

Step one...get a small wire like 28 gauge thread it through the mechanism's pin hole of the exhaust cam "hook" (not wrap) it onto the spring to guide it through so once the pin is in place, you can pull the wire off the spring...

step two while gently pulling the wire "Just to guide (spring & pin) into the end of the cam...with a small screw driver "push" on the mechanism's pin...

So while pulling the guide wire & pushing the pin with a screw driver....the spring will guide the pin into the slot...don't pull the screw driver out...now use the screw driver under the pin to lift it into the pin hole & slide the gear with decompression mechanism lever under the pin allowing it to push the screwdriver out at the same time...

Then apply red thread locker on the threads of the cam bolts & your good to go...

red thread locker Loctite Threadlocker Red 271 from Loctite Adhesives

Hope that helps

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One more question the part that the two weights touch with the two pins behind the cam gear that activates the decompression does that just slide right out

·
Registered
35 Posts
Do they make a replacement pin for the decompression mechanism? Mine has some wear to it. It appears it's still working but won't know for sure until I can try and start it.

·
Super Moderator
10,020 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My cam came with the spring and pin installed already i was just wondering about the 2 pin shaft that pushes the pin down but thanks im doing this here in the next few hours cant wait to hear and feel the difference because I have the supporting mods like the ltr intake w/ stock box dasa full w/ shorty can procom and a msd blaster coil from a jeep and j also heard your the guy to see about a map for all that for a procom and I just did the install went great thanks for the advice

1 - 8 of 8 Posts