KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 kawasaki kfx450r. I just bought a hmf slip on pipe. Not full exhasut. If I install the pipe, do I have to rejet anything? Or can I just add the pipe and go. Idk about quads or motors, on the instructions, it says says quads may need to be rejected. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
I have a 2014 kawasaki kfx450r. I just bought a hmf slip on pipe. Not full exhasut. If I install the pipe, do I have to rejet anything? Or can I just add the pipe and go. Idk about quads or motors, on the instructions, it says says quads may need to be rejected. Thank you.
Just add it.

the slip in won’t improve flow just noise so your good to go

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have an 08 all stock motor and went with the full blackout exhaust. At midrange, I can hear it breaking up. I ended up turning the Procom ecu to 7 or 8 and use the quiet core. They do recommend the optimizer when using their exhaust.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a HMF optimizer I'd sell cheap if you want it. Went with the Procom and don't need it anymore.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
I have an 08 all stock motor and went with the full blackout exhaust. At midrange, I can hear it breaking up. I ended up turning the Procom ecu to 7 or 8 and use the quiet core. They do recommend the optimizer when using their exhaust.
yea some machines run lean when the header is changed

dobeck makes the hmf programmer

the wiseco one is the same for 80$ cheaper

1 - 5 of 5 Posts