KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 KFX450R. I have a slip on signature series hmf pipe and a hmf fuel optimizer. What setting should I set the optimizer on?

·
Registered
29 Posts
2011 KFX450R. I have a slip on signature series hmf pipe and a hmf fuel optimizer. What setting should I set the optimizer on?
Dond need to hcange the set up if you just have a slip on. if you get the full exhaust or an intake, than yes. just throw the slip on and go ride.

·
Super Moderator
9,934 Posts
Dond need to hcange the set up if you just have a slip on. if you get the full exhaust or an intake, than yes. just throw the slip on and go ride.
True you don't need a fuel programmer until you upgrade your intake tube....

More air = more fuel...!

With that said...you can get a better throttle response with the optimizer & air box lid off for now...!

Set it to stock...thus green 1.5-yellow 3.5- red 2 and go from there...!!!
ATV Exhausts . Exhaust Accessories

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
dust devil is right.

mine came 1.5, 4, 2 preset for airbox lid removed and exhaust though.

when you upgrade to a fci or cfm intake 3.5, 5.5, 5 should be pretty close for the big three. up or down either way from their to get it fine tuned.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I need helps guys. I have k&N air filter with stock box and full big gun exhaust. What setting should I set the optimizer?
I live in Puerto Rico and the weather is always hot. Coming Soon with ltr450 intake hose.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
the settings we mentioned will work for both. exhaust and k&N filter airbox lid removed just plug it in and run the preset settings.

ltr intake tube should be around the higher settings I mentioned.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Try 3, 5, 4.5

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Ya your running the ltr tube correct?

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Ok then try the settings I recommended. If it's lean go up, if rich go down a little

·
Registered
2,062 Posts

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Ya the last mode is 3/4 throttle to full throttle

1 - 18 of 18 Posts