KFX 450 HQ Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey man I bought a $300 2008 kfx 450 in actual decent shape not running.
No spark but has a good plug and coil
No power to fuel pump either
I decided to remove front plastics to check TPO sensor and discovered the whole plug had been cut off and all the wires striped back and twisted together. I do believe this won’t work bc it’s not reading any resistance. Also have no idea if they may have somehow indirectly messed up the ECU. So finally the question ......... I have read that the procom ECU bypasses the TPO wouldn’t it be easier to simply replace the OEM ECU with procom rather than buying a new or used harness with TPO plug on it and possibly still having a bad ECU??? Does the procom bypass the TPO??
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

· Registered
2,190 Posts
Hey man I bought a $300 2008 kfx 450 in actual decent shape not running.
No spark but has a good plug and coil
No power to fuel pump either
I decided to remove front plastics to check TPO sensor and discovered the whole plug had been cut off and all the wires striped back and twisted together. I do believe this won’t work bc it’s not reading any resistance. Also have no idea if they may have somehow indirectly messed up the ECU. So finally the question ......... I have read that the procom ECU bypasses the TPO wouldn’t it be easier to simply replace the OEM ECU with procom rather than buying a new or used harness with TPO plug on it and possibly still having a bad ECU??? Does the procom bypass the TPO?? View attachment 29502 View attachment 29502
The procom does bypass the tip over.

but with the harness being incomplete I’m not sure what that would do.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That’s what I’m scared of that’s the only bad part in the whole harness. We use these engines on outlaw wing karts you can get up to 110mph out of them on bigger tracks. Hardly anyone runs the kawi engines bc it’s so hard to find a motor mount but I build my own and only very Few run fuel injection motors. I’m wanting to run this 4 stroke FI system on the short tracks I feel like we can dominate with them coming off the turn. My kx500 two stroke is turning 10,600rpms and still won’t out pull my stock carbureted crf 450

1 - 3 of 3 Posts