KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.
I just bought a kfx 450 2008. Everything is stock. The problem I have is that it has no power after 1/2 throttle to full throttle, as soon as you push the throttle past half it just breaks down severely.
I have tried:
a new spark plug
checked the current at the tps all good
checked the valve clearances
checked for air leaks
cleaned the injector and checked the fuel was getting there
checked the current to the fuel pump, pulled it apart and cleaned the strainer.
I have also checked the fuel pump pressure which was fine but the volume was low, only pumping 25mL instead of the 50mL as per the service manual.
Thinking that this is the problem I was wondering if this replacement pump will fit:

Replacement Kawasaki Fuel Injection Pump Motor W Strainer 49040 0034 49040 0719 | eBay

I have not checked the coil yet but will tomorrow. I am still thinking the pump might be the issue here but what do you guys think. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

·
Registered
221 Posts
check the tps and the fuel relay under the hood. Mine did it a little bit ago and it ended up being a tps, its kind of an expensive trial however.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked the voltage to the tps as per the manual and all was fine. The fuel pump seems to do what its supposed to, eg starts for 3 seconds when powered up so not sure if the relay is the problem. My first thought when riding was the tps because it seemed to breakdown at the exact same throttle position each time. So I am not sure if the pump cant keep up for the demand for fuel or there is something else i am missing.

·
Super Moderator
9,974 Posts
Hello all.
I just bought a kfx 450 2008. Everything is stock. The problem I have is that it has no power after 1/2 throttle to full throttle, as soon as you push the throttle past half it just breaks down severely.
I have tried:
a new spark plug
checked the current at the tps all good
checked the valve clearances
checked for air leaks
cleaned the injector and checked the fuel was getting there
checked the current to the fuel pump, pulled it apart and cleaned the strainer.
I have also checked the fuel pump pressure which was fine but the volume was low, only pumping 25mL instead of the 50mL as per the service manual.
Thinking that this is the problem I was wondering if this replacement pump will fit:

Replacement Kawasaki Fuel Injection Pump Motor W Strainer 49040 0034 49040 0719 | eBay

I have not checked the coil yet but will tomorrow. I am still thinking the pump might be the issue here but what do you guys think. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Manual sent...

Yea! the fuel pump pressure regulator is probably bad, the best way to test the fuel pump is with a pressure tester, for when they go bad it usually starts around 9000 RPMs and gets worse quickly...

Not sure on the Ebay fuel pump replacement...

A few here have replaced there's with 07/08 ninja zx6r fuel pump with great results...Check with Duster about it...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts