KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

HELP!!! Latest model kfx

Tags
kfx 450 nerf
2K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  mocoloco 
#1 ·
So I'm new to the whole kfx scene i have just bought the latest model and I was just wondering what year model for parts I am looking for online is it still the 2011 as I am led to believe or will all NERF Bars and skid plates fit the frame
Any help would be great
Cheers
Rusty

#2 ·
08 through 13 is all the same i believe. i dont think they have changed much with the body.

#4 ·
pro armor has some really nice nerfs if your looking for fat pegs. i usually recommend lonestar equipment to people, but i am not sure of your budget. i bought lsr nerfs, which i love to death. i have them on my kfx, and trx. the only issue i had with the lonestar nerfs were that when they made them for the KFX, they built them on fully modded kfx's. they tested them on 2 kfx's. i was the first person to buy the DC Pro nerf bars for a pretty much all stock kfx450r. they were unaware that in order for their nerf bars to fit, you must install aftermarket a arms that move the wheels up at least 2 inches. after finding this out, they made a note on their page ( Lone Star Racing - Kawasaki KFX450R - DC-PRO Nerf Bars - $275.00 ). i am glad that this was figured out, which led me to buying the sport a arms ( Lone Star Racing - Kawasaki KFX450R - A-Arms Sport Style +2+1 - Kawasaki KFX450 - $599.00 ), and made my bike more comfortable than ever before. my bike is now wider, and safer because of the a arms AND awesome nerf bars. last friday, i was on an epic night ride with my roommate, and a bunch of friends. there were 4 side by sides and us two quads (i was on my trx, which also has the DC Pro nerfs) and we were behind the sxs's. well im sure you can figure that we were going slow because of them, and were a little tipsy. me and my best friend were actually being a little goofy, and i for some reason decided to ghost ride my whip lol. both of my size 13 fox boots managed to fit on one super fat LSR peg, which will let you know about how much room you have to play with! i would highly recommend getting the lsr nerfs if you have the money to buy the a arms as well.

#7 ·
The pro armor should fit right on. They narrow out toward the front end. One thing I do know about the pro armor pegs, they are sharp. My roommate has them on his TRX450r, and his boots are chewed up. The pegs are not as long as the LSR pegs, but are still plenty of room for feet to plant, which comes in handy when you are on corners. Just plant your foot on the end and push that side in while you rip corners. You will be happy with the pro armor nerfs. Another thing I didn't like about the LSR nerfs was you have to drill your own holes. Thankfully my pop has plenty of metal work tools, so it wasn't bad for me. Check Rocky Mountain atv, then match the prices on EBay. You are looking about about $400 for the pro armors. LSR are about $330 ( maybe $300 if you call LSR direct and mention my name). Let me know what you decide and let's see pics!!

#10 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.