KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have been reading this fourm for quite some time, but have never had a need to post. I haven't found anyone anywhere with this problem and don't have a choice!

I have a 2010 450r with exhaust and a K&N filter through the stock intake tube. Stock displacement and no aftermarket electronics. I can start it and ride right up after a few turns and ride it without any problems until i kill it, witch is bound to happen over the course of a day i just can't help it. once I kill it i can't get it to restart electrically, I can hit the started right away, or wait until the fuel pump is done running, but no matter what it just won't turn the motor over the compression stroke. I tested the voltage and the regulator seems to be in good shape, i assume the stator is okay because it does stay running, and i don't know what else to check? any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
9,934 Posts
Hello, I have been reading this fourm for quite some time, but have never had a need to post. I haven't found anyone anywhere with this problem and don't have a choice!

I have a 2010 450r with exhaust and a K&N filter through the stock intake tube. Stock displacement and no aftermarket electronics. I can start it and ride right up after a few turns and ride it without any problems until i kill it, witch is bound to happen over the course of a day i just can't help it. once I kill it i can't get it to restart electrically, I can hit the started right away, or wait until the fuel pump is done running, but no matter what it just won't turn the motor over the compression stroke. I tested the voltage and the regulator seems to be in good shape, i assume the stator is okay because it does stay running, and i don't know what else to check? any suggestions?
Check the decompression spring on your exhaust cam, it probably fell off or broke...!!!

If so, replace it and fish out the old spring, you'll find the old one in your stator case by the screen..

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ill take a look!

Thank you,
Thats what I was afraid of but I diddnt want it rip anything apart until I got a good second opinion, What all do I have to remove to get that valve cover off?

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Yeah, and check your valve clearance while you are in there too.

·
Super Moderator
9,934 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts