KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help getting measurements with Gibson a-arms!
Baldwin Motorsports doesn't have the measurements they need to build my new PEP shocks for my Gibson arms. I just got my frame and parts back from getting powdercoated so I'm not able to get the measurements yet. I'd hate to have everything put back together THEN have to wait for the shocks to get built!

Here's what Mark from Baldwin needs-

Compressed shock length:
Everything together except shocks, frame 1.5" off ground (resting on 2x4s placed in just front of foot pegs and under battery box-near radiator location)
-Measure from center of top shock bolt to center of bottom shock bolt (eye-to-eye).

Extended shock length-
Same set-up as before except frame chocked up to 12" off ground. If unable to get exactly @ 12", specify what height used.
-Measure eye-to-eye.

I've been searching and only found what the basic shock length is supposed to be for these arms. If someone already has the compressed and extended eye-to-eye lengths that would be perfect, if not is there anybody out there that would be willing to help me?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody out there with Gibson a-arms?? Would it helped if I offered to donate say $25 paypal for some help???

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why don't you just call Gibson and ask?
I've tried and so has Mark, but if you can get the eye-to-eye measurements by ccalling I'll give ya 25 bucks!

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
We're those my Gibson arms?
The shocks that came with those were 19.5" eye to eye!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We're those my Gibson arms?
The shocks that came with those were 19.5" eye to eye!
I found that while searching, but I still need the compressed and extended measurements.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
My shocks are fox shocks you can try contacting fox for the info!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I finally got the front end together and did the measurements:
Compressed: 13 7/8"
Extended: 19 1/4"
Just in case someone else runs into this issue...

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts