KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive been having this issue where my quad will bog down at half to full throttle once the bike is warm.

My fuel pressure is ~43psi while idling then drops when pressing on the throttle. Is this standard?

The fuel pump screen/ filter was dirty and chewed up. currently in the process of getting a new one before i drop 300+ on a whole new pump

The injectors appear to be clean.

Came with an FMF fuel programmer, ran the bike with it connected and without. Issue still occurring.

Anyone else ever have these issues?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bogging at Half/Full throttle

No! the fuel pressure is to be a constant 43psi 1800~11,000 RPMs...

Possible clogged strainer or faulty pump motor...!!

Fuel pump motors w/strainers are $15,00 New Replace Fuel Pump for Kawasaki KFX450R KSF450 BAF 2008 2013 | eBay

So i purchased that fuel pump and it finally came in today. Installed it, tried to to start it.. and nothing. It seems to be getting less pressure then when i had with the original in. At this point im running out of ideas. Could it be something electrical?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Swap the fuel pump relay and check the wiring to the pump

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Forgot about the battery. It's crazy how many symptoms appear with a weak battery

·
Registered
24 Posts
So I'm having this issue with a new battery new plug new fuel screen but here is the kicker runs perfect when motor is cold only cuts out when it gets hot I am running a power commander 5 with auto tune any ideas

·
Registered
821 Posts
Yeah mine was acting up and the battery took a complete crap. No saving it. Now I gotta buy 2. Wife's z400 needs one too.

On that note I can get a Yuasa Motocross ytx9 for the Z at 44.99 free shipping. That's insane cheap for that kind of battery. Does 8AH and 130CCA. I was gonna upgrade mine to fit one but don't wanna deal with that right now. Just got done doing the Jeep Accel Coil mod also. Guess I'm putting the Motobatt ytz7S (trx450R) version to upgrade the kfx with keeping the stock battery box because I like it.

·
Super Moderator
9,901 Posts
So I'm having this issue with a new battery new plug new fuel screen but here is the kicker runs perfect when motor is cold only cuts out when it gets hot I am running a power commander 5 with auto tune any ideas
Valve clearance needs to checked...!!!

Valve Clearance: between cam and valve lifter
Standard:
Exhaust 0.17 ∼ 0.22 mm (0.0067 ∼ 0.0087 in.)
Inlet 0.10 ∼ 0.15 mm (0.0039 ∼ 0.0059 in.)

Also check your TPS voltage to be in range...!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Problem solved with the simplest fix..

Took a look at the little peep hole on the side of the crank case and there was no oil in it.. Granted this is a friends quad and maybe i should have check it prior.

But yeah, i put the oil in. Ran it down the block and a handful of times and the powers back!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts