KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well we had the atv drags and mud bog at our local fair. i had the kawi in the 4 stroke class (401cc+) i was against a fully built cannondale.......... there was everything from 450's all the way to a vforce! my wife was in the stock utility class (125cc-500cc) with her renegade 500 she took 1st place! i was also in the mud bog with my renegade 800 i took 2nd! had a great night was not happy with the kawi though

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I wouldnt have problem with that old cannodale.. Haha

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wouldnt have problem with that old cannodale.. Haha
i would hope not with all the work you have done to your motor lol

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Honestly the only thing keepin u from beating him is ur not sticking to the ground. Being able to keep it on the ground without letting out, u would have beat him no problem.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that's what i seen in the video looks like i was spinning a lot! ever since i put the stroker crank in i cant get it to hook up......

·
Registered
523 Posts
Tires to hard of a compound or to much air would make it harder to hook up also. He looked like he was running a smaller tire for like MX.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Ya a fresh set of mxr6 hook good. Im very happy with mine. Although u can tell they dont last the longest

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I aired my rears down to 4psi before the race

·
Registered
560 Posts
Lol I run 3 to 4 psi at all times or it's rougher than h*ll!!

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Sweet!! Yea i run like 2 to 5 psi cause of the small bumps

·
Registered
560 Posts
Where I ride its rougher than u can imagine and there's rocks jutting out and tree stumps and rutts from those monster can ams that tear the crap out of the trails lower psi helps alot and still don't think I have my stock shocks set up properly either can't seem to find a detailed tutorial on those

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i used to run 3-4 psi but i ride rocky trails and have bent 2 rims running low psi so i run about 5 with no issues

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
here is my 2 runs in the bog!

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Thats alot of water and mudd btw thoses cannandails took over our fair a couple years ago they where beating 450s by like 6 bike lengths

·
Registered
361 Posts
dales are no joke, it's not a whole lot to get 50+ out of them. especially since you're generally already in the motor

·
Registered
197 Posts
Looked like a very short race.. 150-200 ft ? That short of a race traction and holeshot are key. I bet with some 22 inch Cheng Shin knobbys on blue labels you will gain a few lengths. They expand well, hook good, and are lighter than the stock 20's. I experimented with a few tire setups until I needed a wheelie bar and swing arm extension.

Attachments

·
Registered
609 Posts
Looks soft enough. I would of thrown my paddles on. lol. They also work awesome in the snow

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Paddles and wheelie bars are open class. It was 160'

1 - 20 of 61 Posts