KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a good exauhst set up. Im going to be ordering the fuel customs intake, and allready have the power commander, I ride mainly at the dunes but will also be riding track here startin next month, I have been looking at dasa, yoshimira, I heard something about curtis sparks. Not sure what will be the best, I have a slip on dmc, which was a major mistake. fell off at the dunes last summer. the bracket broke off somehow, had to ride it back with the pipe strapped up with a motorcycle strap. any ideas?

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I have a DMC After burner duel exhaust for sail for $375. And those brackets on the dmc have Ben replaced with 1/2 aluminum ones so they don't fall off.

·
Registered
231 Posts
DASA . I did alot of research when I bought mine google, the guys and racers on here, dyno proven numbers. Very good quality and no matter where I go people want to check it out because it sounds so deep and throaty. I just fd my quad up pretty good it went end over end off a 10ft ledge and everything around the exhaust is bent or broke and it looks like i just put it on.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the ideas, I had bad luck with the dmc, thnks though, I almost bought the hmf last month but I have really been eyeballing that dasa, that sucks that you fd your quad up, sometimes thats more painful the the personel injuries lol.

·
Registered
546 Posts
+2 on the HMF comp. Love mine and the inserts make it nice if there is any noise restriction.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I like the hmf comp series and the motoworks sr4 g2 the best, why? because they have changeable tips, because in CO the db limit is 96 and a sparky, but on private tracks you can be as loud as you want w/o sparky. these two exhausts fit that bill the best.

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
I have the Dasa on mine... Its a different look than most people are use to seeing out there... the last trip I went on I was the only Kawi and it had the most noticeable sound everybody was like "What exhaust are you running?" Everybody else had either stock or slip-on DG exhaust...

I love the sound of the Dasa..

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so I was looking at the dasa and they have 2 options, classic and 99db. Is there a power difference or is it just decibles. I live in washington and they arent real strict about it.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
u can get a quiet core insert for the classic, and yes there is a power diff. I had the original dasa 13 inch, love the sound and power, dam thing just fell apart every other ride and packing last about as long as a tank of gas. the new ones are pretty good systems from what i hear these days, i would try one again. make sure u get the 13 inch, the 16 inch makes less power.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok, so the classic is probably the better one than, It comes with the spark arrestor and everything. do you know of a good place to buy it or does everybody sell it at about the same price as there websight.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
yeah just call dasa and make sure its the 13 inch can and the quiet core is 28 bucks i believe thats what i paid.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm really liking the new Barker's I got for mine a couple months ago. Very distinctive sound, not as loud as a sparks, but louder than the HMF Comp series I have on another quad. The quality of the Barker's full system I got is top notch and has a reverse megaphone headpipe, which is supposed to make more power than straight pipes, I know I am not disappointed.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts