KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks I'm trying to figure out the best way to get proper ride height. I'm about an inch high now. With the stock suspension, I have the front preload set all the way down or maxed out. In the rear it's the opposite, preload all the up or maxed out the opposite way as the front. With it like this I have a better stance, about 1/4" rake front to back. Measuring just in front of the foot peg is 8" to the ground and beneath the radiator is 8.25" fron the bottom of the frame to the ground. I would like to get it an inch lower so I am in that sweet spot that is recommended for ride height on these machines. I am soon getting my stock shocks professionally rebuilt with new springs and valving. I'm just wondering what others have done to get optimal ride height, as the way it sits stock it seems impossible unless maybe I was 100lbs heavier.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Hi folks I'm trying to figure out the best way to get proper ride height. I'm about an inch high now. With the stock suspension, I have the front preload set all the way down or maxed out. In the rear it's the opposite, preload all the up or maxed out the opposite way as the front. With it like this I have a better stance, about 1/4" rake front to back. Measuring just in front of the foot peg is 8" to the ground and beneath the radiator is 8.25" fron the bottom of the frame to the ground. I would like to get it an inch lower so I am in that sweet spot that is recommended for ride height on these machines. I am soon getting my stock shocks professionally rebuilt with new springs and valving. I'm just wondering what others have done to get optimal ride height, as the way it sits stock it seems impossible unless maybe I was 100lbs heavier.
Having the shocks set up for you will make the difference

are you measure from ground the frame under battery with you on the machine?

it should be 7.25”

then 7” from ground to frame under pegs

1 - 2 of 2 Posts