KFX 450 HQ Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I don't like the gear for woods racing on the kfx I want longer gears and havectried every sprocket combo I can think of and still aren't happy so know I'm thinking of going inside and take kx450 gears and put them in an see what I get has anyone done this or will it even work 馃 or am I just chasing a dream thinking the gears will fit into the cases lmk any input would be appreciated

Super Moderator
OK I don't like the gear for woods racing on the kfx I want longer gears and havectried every sprocket combo I can think of and still aren't happy so know I'm thinking of going inside and take kx450 gears and put them in an see what I get has anyone done this or will it even work 馃 or am I just chasing a dream thinking the gears will fit into the cases lmk any input would be appreciated
Doubt it will work due to the reverse gearing on the primary & secondary shafts causing it to be longer & larger diameter due to weight of the KFX compared to the KX...

Have you tried the 15/36 sprockets with larger wheels..?

Registered
I have tried 15/38 and 37 buy not 36 so I'll try that because I want to keep my 9s in the back
15/36 needs 2 extra links on the chain.

have you tried 22鈥 rear tires?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts