KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Funny how the Kawasaki community isn't real fond of Yoshimura pipes, but the Suzuki guys love them.

I've got the Yoshi pipe on my 488 big bore KFX and think it's great. I like the sound better than the Dasa it replaced. It's holding up better than the Dasa too.

They are long pipes tho', it sticks farther out the back than the Dasa, gotta watch out you don't burn a hole in your riding pants when your dragging the quad around with the rear bumper. That's a subtle hint to me that Yoshi was committed to making good power, even if the pipe was longer than the rider might like.

If the price is right, this will be a nice pipe for someone.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I love my yoshi exhaust. It has held up very well. I have had it for 4 years! It sounds really good. Some one needs to help this guy out and buy it :)

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I've never owned a yoshi but I've only heard good things about them

·
Registered
836 Posts
my buddies got one on his kfx and his bike pulls pretty good it would give my bike a good race these are good exhausts and sound nice

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
I have always liked it because of how tight the header is to the engine. For me that equals less burns in my pants.

I would say that fact and them trying to keep the dB down is why it runs a little long in the rear. I think that aspect looks fine but it does make it a bit more prone to getting damaged.

I have a Yoshi on my Honda. Best sounding thing ever. It has the older style HMF sort of looking can. Different RS series. Love how it sounds though. Not quiet but has such a nice deep tone to it. So I have always wondered how the Yoshi sounded on the KFX.

If my list of things I have to buy was not so long I would certainly like to buy it up to have a spare on hand.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts