KFX 450 HQ Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my KFX450 for a few years now however it has spent the last couple of years in the shed with a broken LH case. This was caused by getting buried in sand dunes and tying to reverse out of it. Bulk sand in the chain and bam. Pulled the output bearing through the case :(

It currently has following mods;
Widened front and rear, Leo Vince X3 exhaust, Suzuki LTR450 intake, Elka shocks, Procomm ECU, stage 2 Hot Cams.

It now time to strip it down and rebuild it. I have done some research and this is what i have come up with and purchased.
CP Carrillo con rod
CP Carrillo 13.0:1 standard bore piston (will use original standard jug)
Genuine stock crank (reusing the original one)
New genuine bearings, seals and gaskets
New genuine valves, springs, spring retainers & valve stem seals
New genuine head bolts
New genuine timing chain
New genuine case set

I have now stripped the engine down and it all looks to be in pretty good condition.

Have come across this group and it looks like there is allot of great information and good bunch of people.

I am a Diesel Mechanic but have never rebuilt a bike engine before. I'm sure i will have a ton of questions and many hours or scrolling through this form but any advise or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Anything I should look out for or replace while it's apart?

Cheers
Dan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Dust Devil

I had seen allot of guys using them. I might order a set.

What are guys doing in regards to the crank pin? I see some recommend getting it welded but some say to just leave it pressed in?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I rebuilt my entire motor including a big bore kit but replaced the crank with a Weisco kit. Chris of Williams Performance said never to use the stock crank with the BB kits, as he has seen many failures in the past with this setup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts