KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m working on my buddy’s 2009 kfx450r, and it didn’t run when it came in. I replaced the starter clutch, and the head gasket(coolant leaking into cylinder). It has spark, compression, and fuel, but I’m not sure why it won’t start. It doesn’t start with ether either. It might fire once or twice but won’t catch. When I pulled the fuel tank off, fuel was leaking steadily out of the pump, could that be causing the issue? Am I getting too much or not enough fuel maybe? The pump is new but my buddy replaced it himself and he isn’t a mechanic. It ran well after he replaced it, but he did an oil change and it hasn’t ran since. From what I can tell it has an aftermarket fuel management system. Any help is appreciated. No water temp light after 3 seconds

·
Super Moderator
10,076 Posts
I’m working on my buddy’s 2009 kfx450r, and it didn’t run when it came in. I replaced the starter clutch, and the head gasket(coolant leaking into cylinder). It has spark, compression, and fuel, but I’m not sure why it won’t start. It doesn’t start with ether either. It might fire once or twice but won’t catch. When I pulled the fuel tank off, fuel was leaking steadily out of the pump, could that be causing the issue? Am I getting too much or not enough fuel maybe? The pump is new but my buddy replaced it himself and he isn’t a mechanic. It ran well after he replaced it, but he did an oil change and it hasn’t ran since. From what I can tell it has an aftermarket fuel management system. Any help is appreciated. No water temp light after 3 seconds
i posted on here 2009 KFX450r not starting?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts