KFX 450 HQ Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding a few days ago and my fuel pump didn't turn back on again after shutting off and trying to go again. I took it all apart and tested the pump right on a battery, no issues, checked the filter, it was fine. The wire coming off the plate for the pump assembly can have power through it if hooked to a battery directly, and it has power to the connector for that wire, although the test light seemed a little bit dim but I didn't have a volt meter to use. I can't figure out why the pump doesn't turn on once the key is turned on. Right now I'm thinking I'll have to run a toggle switch for the fuel pump as I'm only 15 and not really interested in digging too much into the electronics, deeper than just checking fuses and relays.

·
Super Moderator
10,168 Posts
I was riding a few days ago and my fuel pump didn't turn back on again after shutting off and trying to go again. I took it all apart and tested the pump right on a battery, no issues, checked the filter, it was fine. The wire coming off the plate for the pump assembly can have power through it if hooked to a battery directly, and it has power to the connector for that wire, although the test light seemed a little bit dim but I didn't have a volt meter to use. I can't figure out why the pump doesn't turn on once the key is turned on. Right now I'm thinking I'll have to run a toggle switch for the fuel pump as I'm only 15 and not really interested in digging too much into the electronics, deeper than just checking fuses and relays.
Dos your F.I dash light remain ON or flashing when trying to start...?

Make sure your battery is fully charged 12.8v standard...!

Check your two-10 amp fuses in 2- orange boxes & relays..?

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dos your F.I dash light remain ON or flashing when trying to start...?

Make sure your battery is fully charged 12.8v standard...!

Check your two-10 amp fuses in 2- orange boxes & relays..?
My F.I. Light comes on for a few seconds when I first turn the key but goes out after that, my battery is charged and we found a meter to test and found out the pump is getting about 12.5 v. I checked the fuses and relays and only one relay had some corrosion on it so I cleaned that off and still had no luck. Any other ideas?

·
Super Moderator
10,168 Posts
My F.I. Light comes on for a few seconds when I first turn the key but goes out after that, my battery is charged and we found a meter to test and found out the pump is getting about 12.5 v. I checked the fuses and relays and only one relay had some corrosion on it so I cleaned that off and still had no luck. Any other ideas?
Do you have a multimeter...Set it to 20 DCV to measure..!

Check if your have 12v at the fuel injector W/R wire to frame ground...Also check if your have 12 volts at your ignition coil Y/R wire to frame ground...by turning the key ON..

If you have power but doesn't work...Check your vehicle down sensor's output voltage...see pictures...

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have a multimeter...Set it to 20 DCV to measure..!

Check if your have 12v at the fuel injector W/R wire to frame ground...Also check if your have 12 volts at your ignition coil Y/R wire to frame ground...by turning the key ON..

If you have power but doesn't work...Check your vehicle down sensor's output voltage...see pictures...
We have 12 volts at the coil, we don’t have anything at the injector plug in, and we unfortunately don’t have small enough needles to properly check the voltage at the vehicle down sensor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts