KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have been looking at everyones threads, and they all seem to have the PCIII, and im over here with the yoshi PIM2. is there really any difference? im running the full yoshi exhaust and it was pretty much a package deal when i got it. i can add maps and do all the wahoo that the PCIII can, which will really make a big difference coming up soon, after my (finally decided) hotcam stage2's and a dyno tune ran by Kenz cycle out of Mesa AZ. my bike runs pretty good, but i have been noticing a little bit of rumbling as i let off the throttle. maybe the bike is running too rich, but then again, isnt the ecu and PIM suppose to detect that? its nothing bad, but i just want a clean smooth running bike that rips it up at the dunes on easter weekend. thanks!

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Do you have the o2 sensor? If not it can only set fuel by your map.

·
Super Moderator
10,049 Posts
There are a few members with the PIM2 and it's a great fuel controller...

You might have the fuel map adjusted a little, and see if it clear up...

another cause for enrich fuel mixture is a sensor going bad usually the water temp sensor....

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have done a little research and found that yoshimura has a d.a.t.a. box. does anyone have this installed as well? its like $400 and i would like to hear about it before dropping that kind of cash.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I would not waist my money on the data box, if u get it dirt cheap or someone gave to u then thats different, just get ur quad dyno tune.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
The data box is like autotune for the pc5. It requires putting a 02 sensor in the head pipe and then moniters the a/f ratio. I dont think anyone runs the data pox with the pim on here. But i know there is a few that run the autotune with pc5.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i am getting it tuned as soon as i get the cams installed. im taking it to a pretty well known shop here in AZ. im taking all the software and hardware with the bike so Ken can play with different maps. im looking forward to all of it. i found a data box on ebay for about $375... still kinda expensive if it isnt really needed.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Just starting to play around with the data box. So can't give any feedback yet. A dyno is the better option. Once I get mine on the dyno and a good base map I plan on using it to make minor adjustments for part swaps. Have four different sets of cams to play with. (stock, kx, 2 sets of web)

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
trelle1268 that sounds like its gonna be a good time! keep me updated on your runs. thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts