KFX 450 HQ Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if i can just buy fci part that goes from the airbox to the carborator and if so how can i find it.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
No offense but that's not an fci tube. Looks like a shiny ltr tube. I'm sure it works though.

The fci tube is the main part of the intake so they don't sell it seperate.

If you want a better intake but don't want the price of the whole kit look at the ltr tube like the one above or velocity kit.

·
Registered
821 Posts
No offense but that's not an fci tube. Looks like a shiny ltr tube. I'm sure it works though.

The fci tube is the main part of the intake so they don't sell it seperate.

If you want a better intake but don't want the price of the whole kit look at the ltr tube like the one above or velocity kit.

Never once said it was an fci tube. It's a prototype much larger then an LTR tube.

This is as stripped down as you can get it.

Kawasaki KFX 450R KFX450 Fuel Customs FCI Intake Kit No Airbox with Foam Filter | eBay

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Ok thanks for clarifying.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Not without a little modification.

Their is a few threads on how to do it all

·
Registered
821 Posts
The ltr tube performs good for the money but might as well skip it and get the real deal. FCI is where it's at. Lot's more work in doing the ltr tube and you gotta cut up your airbox and rear fender.

Get an FCI and make your own box or get the whole kit. I bought the whole kit new and never looked back.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Picking up an fci for $140 with box :) def the route to go. I wasn't trying to pay full price or close to for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
821 Posts
Love my FCI. It may be gone soon as well as the whole bike. If so I'll miss it but time for a change.

That new Maverick X3 is mighty fine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im not looking to make a racing quad i just want to add a little bit of power. I get involved in mud and that always gets in my intake system and i cant imagine what it would be like with a fci. Sometime in the future i do see getting one but for now i need to focus on an exaust and power commander. And i just wanted the ltr tube to be temporary.

·
Registered
12,058 Posts
When there were more people actually riding and racing you could find FCI stuff for parts on ebay pretty easy because the front bracket thing with the hole the tube goes through breaks pretty easy. The subframe bolt tabs would crack off and you could find tubes for sale.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts