KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm am new to these forums.I have a 2013 kfx 450 with a full hmf exhaust and a lexx fuel controller (3 buttons setup) and I was wondering if anyone is running the same setup and what setting they were using.

·
Super Moderator
9,936 Posts
Welcome to the Forum...!

Stock setting or your A/F mixture will be rich...

The Lexx Instruction should provide you stock setting to try

For You only need a fuel controller when you upgrade the intake tube...!

The OEM tube is on the right..

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
if your going to use the controller it should come set up for exhaust and air box lid off.
my hmf did and they are the same.
i think it should be like 1.5, 4, 3?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thx for the replies I will try to figure it out tomorrow. I just got the exhaust and fuel controller today.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
mine was too lean and didnt like to start and would backfire at let off.

so if running exhaust take the airbox lid off and just plug the controoler in you shouldnt need to change anything.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
is it ok to go through water with the airbox lid off as it is spring here or should i try to tune it to run with the airbox lid on. i usually try to avoid water but you cant always avoid it.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
youll be fine.

most aftermarket intakes like the fci dont have lids.

just make sure you take out the drain plug on the bottom of the box. so the box doesnt get water sitting in it.

·
Registered
357 Posts
For a stock intake setup and just a full exhaust FMF settings on there controller are 4, 4, 1, on fuel the first three flashing light configurations and 8, 4, 4, on when the fuel is added and the last three flashing light configurations

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the hmf competition series exhaust right now but have not gotten my fuel controller yet. Will the quad run lean/rich if I use the exhaust without the fuel
controller?

·
Super Moderator
9,936 Posts
I have the hmf competition series exhaust right now but have not gotten my fuel controller yet. Will the quad run lean/rich if I use the exhaust without the fuel
controller?
Your fine...! It will run rich with just an exhaust......!

It runs rich from the factory and adding an exhaust doesn't change the amount of air intake volume...You don't need a fuel controller with an exhaust only when you upgrade your intake tube...!!!

·
Super Moderator
9,936 Posts
O ok thx. What if I take the airbox lid off will this change anything?
No..!

It's the intake tube that very restrictive even if you pull your entire box out it doesn't increase the air intake volume...!!

Look at this picture of the OEM intake tube...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts