KFX 450 HQ Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im taking my front sprocket off. the nut that is holding it on is pretty dang tight. before I put a lot of pressure on it I wanna be sure im turning it the right way. these are not reverse or backwards threads are they?

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Standard right hand threads. Make sure the lock ring is curled back and you'll have to use a strong impact...I tried a breaker bar w/3 foot extension the first time and that still didn't work. Impact's the only way to go.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I just have one of those cordless impact drivers from Northern Tool. Once I flattened out the locking ring, it spun off easily.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Good impact with a GOOD compressor.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
i havent tried heating it. do I need to?
I'd definitely try to avoid using head. There is a sensor right below it which could melt and you could mess up the seal around the output shaft. Get yourself a good impact wrench. If you can't buy one see if you can borrow a buddies. It'll come right off.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I had to use a 3/4 impact to get mine off, it laughed at my IR 1/2" gun!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, stupid question… I have the spacer flattened out & the chain is off. Should I be in neutral or in gear? I don’t want to damage the gearing… however, there’s no resistance when in neutral and the sprocket just spins. PLEASE HELP!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts