KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up these plastic push pin type rivets from the dealer. They are made for Suzuki quads and bikes.
Just drill the holes to I think 3/16" push the rivet through and then push the pin flush till it clicks. To take them off i just push down on top with a small socket (so the pin can pop back up) an give the rivet a whack from the bottom and the pin pops up and they slip right out. Works so far and feels sturdier than the metal ones that were in it before. And better than riding around in the mud with no front fenders or ones held on by 3 screws. I guess you could bolt them on but this looks really slick. Hope this helps somebody ;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
Good info. I have been trying to decide how to handle that since I first picker her up. It is the only reason that I haven't taken my front fenders off yet. Thanks to you they will be coming off this weekend.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good info. I have been trying to decide how to handle that since I first picker her up. It is the only reason that I haven't taken my front fenders off yet. Thanks to you they will be coming off this weekend.[/b]
;)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Good news for you...that small amount of GREEN will give you at least a 2-3 mph gain on top speed.

Great info on the pushpins. I'm gonna go see about them.

I popped off my fronts just to see how they will look and didn't put anything else in those other holes once the STUPID factory RIVETS were hacked out. Just got done with a 20+ mile poker run and the 3 bolts seem to be holding up quite well. Anyway, thanks for the info again.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good news for you...that small amount of GREEN will give you at least a 2-3 mph gain on top speed.

Great info on the pushpins. I'm gonna go see about them.

I popped off my fronts just to see how they will look and didn't put anything else in those other holes once the STUPID factory RIVETS were hacked out. Just got done with a 20+ mile poker run and the 3 bolts seem to be holding up quite well. Anyway, thanks for the info again.[/b]
Riding today, felt like more than 3mph. Kidding, 2nd ride still going kinda easy. Did some little side hill roosties but nothing extreme. I'm sure you'll be happy with the push pins, very sturdy. I tried it with the 3 bolts and kept worrying about my fenders falling off.

·
Registered
202 Posts
gotta part number for them?[/b]
Great idea... heck I have a few of these laying around from my daughters 50cc quad! Kawi part number is 92039S005506 and they are $1.44 MSRP each.

·
Registered
591 Posts
yeah the suzuki pushpins work ok but i have found that the honda ones off a 450r work alot better. they seems stronger and they dont really get as loose as the suzuki ones have.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great idea... heck I have a few of these laying around from my daughters 50cc quad! Kawi part number is 92039S005506 and they are $1.44 MSRP each.[/b]
the ones from "Bolt" are 5.99 for a dozen

·
Registered
532 Posts
I ordered mine from the local shop, i tried their website but shipping was $8. forget that on a $5 part so they should be here by Friday

·
Registered
27 Posts
You could also use the clips that Honda and the others use that just push down real easy and all you need is a flat head screwdriver or your nail to pull them out...but you would still have to drill the hole..

My question is why did they put rivets on two of them instead of just using the screws with the rubber backing, like on the rear fender, which works pretty good? Doh! : ) I was thinking about just drilling it out and putting those in there because of the easy of getting them on and off and not have to worry about getting more because they break or get flimsy...my .02

Donna

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You could also use the clips that Honda and the others use that just push down real easy and all you need is a flat head screwdriver or your nail to pull them out...but you would still have to drill the hole..

My question is why did they put rivets on two of them instead of just using the screws with the rubber backing, like on the rear fender, which works pretty good? Doh! : ) I was thinking about just drilling it out and putting those in there because of the easy of getting them on and off and not have to worry about getting more because they break or get flimsy...my .02

Donna[/b]
Nobody has been able to give me an answer as too why they put the metal rivets in the front fenders. My guess is money.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts