KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just bought a 2008 KFX450R. I also have a Trx450 with blingstar foot pegs that are very wide and heavy duty, but I can't seem to find much for the KFX. I contacted blingstar on Facebook, only to find they no longer make ATV parts.
We do not want nerf bars.

Here's what I've found:
blingstar: nerf bars only.
IMS Roll design: perfect...except they're $240
Hoosier racing makes some cool "probounce" ones.... again $315 seems like too much.

Then on the opposite end of the spectrum there's Tusk heel guards, which may be the route I go at $60.

It's for my wife, so it's ultimately her choice, but looking into it for her. One of the plastic stock ones is already missing on this bike, I'd like to replace with something cool!

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Tusk is the only heel guard only option that remains that I can think of at the moment.

Past that you have to go to Houser or Rath for a peg and heel guard combo, both of which are netted heel guards.

The rest of the remaining options have nerfs too.

A lot of companies have bailed on ATV part production in favor of UTV parts because UTV parts bring in a higher profit margin. AND many that still make ATV stuff have bailed on making KFX parts because their bread and butter is Honda or Yamaha parts. Kinda ticks me off.

·
Registered
179 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey bro, if your looking at a $60 foot peg you might want to just spend an extra $80 and grab some of the UM Pro Peg Nerf Bars in Aluminum. Ive got a set on one of my bikes and I tell you there super.

BTW- Im trying to work something out myself, lost (or never had) the bolts that hold on the swingarm guard- can you either tell me exactly what bolt you have in there or take a good pic so I can figure it out, maybe next to a penny?

Good luck man-

·
Registered
286 Posts
Ya I want the DG race setup, I just cant justify the $$$

I can start a new project for that amount, :tango_face_plain:

I will have to live with the tusk units for now I gess

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
So we want to do pegs or heel guards, but do not want nerf bars. Just not needed for the dunes and don't like the looks.

I ordered the tusk ones to give them a try, I'm shocked at how huge they are! I'll post a picture of the GYTR ones I had on my raptor... pretty much what i was expecting lol.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I dont have pictures of them on the quad, and looking on google there arent really any good ones either, but they are basically just foot pegs that are much larger than stock. No heel guards or nets.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I dont have pictures of them on the quad, and looking on google there arent really any good ones either, but they are basically just foot pegs that are much larger than stock. No heel guards or nets.
Well I am interested, if just like to see what shape they're in.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Well I am interested, if just like to see what shape they're in.

Sent you a PM

1 - 13 of 13 Posts