KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an fmf power programmer, fmf factory 4.1 and a velocity intake. Does anyone have a similar set up and could you tell me what your settings are for your programmer?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Those kind of programmers are hit and miss, let the quad idle and tune each setting by adding or subtracting the amount of fuel until the quad reaches its smoothest idle. Give it throttle and make sure it doesnt bog or backfire and you should be good. I would recommend a PC3 or PC5 with a dyno tune in the future. Especially if you plan on getting cams or other engine work. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I know the base settings for a exhaust & stock intake. Maybe you can get a baseline to start.
Green 2.5
Yellow 4
Red 1
Green & blue 0
Yellow&blue 3
Red&blue 3.5

·
Super Moderator
9,894 Posts
Picture is the base setting increase too...

Try Green 7, yellow 7 red 3 if the acceleration is sluggish decrease to G-6 Y-6 & R-2 ...once dialed in then check/read your spark plug for proper conditions...

leave the switch point at there factory setting GB 8, YB 4, RB 4

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I'll have to just play around see what works, I'll try the smooth idle, and probably lean towards tryin those numbers first. This is most likely one of the last proformance mods, thats why i went with one of these programmers, I wasnt looking for as much power as I could get, just decent power gains at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Got to full full on the green and back it off till idles is smooth, put red to full for the time being, put yellow to full full and start accelerating easy out of turns, decrease full till is starts pulling good and hard, make drastic changes at 1st (like 2 full settings) it will help dial it in. To set the red setting do holeshots, decrease until you find the best pull

·
Registered
750 Posts
see if that vid helps you, basically its the same programmer

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Got to full full on the green and back it off till idles is smooth, put red to full for the time being, put yellow to full full and start accelerating easy out of turns, decrease full till is starts pulling good and hard, make drastic changes at 1st (like 2 full settings) it will help dial it in. To set the red setting do holeshots, decrease until you find the best pull
^ good info to try. This is probably your best bet.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does anyone know exactly what the colors mean, i went to their website and i saw somewhere on there that it changes between them somethimes? but i also cant really tell which one is yellow, i was kind of looking for all the others then just assuming the last one was yellow. but ill just have to keep playing with it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts