KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any site sponsors sell the FMF Megabomb that would be willing to give a deal on it. In a couple months or so I am planning on buying one because i have the powercore slip on right now.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Dude save yourself the $ and go with the powerbomb. I called fmf talked to them about the differences and each header makes the exact same horsepower numbers. Only difference megabomb makes its power a little lower. powerbomb pulls a little harder and a little longer. its power if further up the ladder.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I run the power bomb and the powercore lets just say I was very impressed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dude save yourself the $ and go with the powerbomb. I called fmf talked to them about the differences and each header makes the exact same horsepower numbers. Only difference megabomb makes its power a little lower. powerbomb pulls a little harder and a little longer. its power if further up the ladder.
The only thing i have found with the powerbomb is some people say you lose bottom end. Is there any truth to that?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I saw a 450 with the 4.1 and megabomb this weekend. Sounded bad ass. made great power too.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I had a powerbomb and Barney has one now, and the powerbomb has grunt all over the place....Barney pulled on his whole class many bike lengths at Antioch last year...you wont be disappointed with either header.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I felt more power on bottom end all the way to the top end. I also changed the front sprocket to a 15 tooth which also helped and added a fuel customs intake and alba controller which I will changing to a procom controller to see if I can get some more out of it. Those three things made it feel like a totally different quad.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I felt more power on bottom end all the way to the top end. I also changed the front sprocket to a 15 tooth which also helped and added a fuel customs intake and alba controller which I will changing to a procom controller to see if I can get some more out of it. Those three things made it feel like a totally different quad.
I am gonna get a powerbomb. One last question, i wont need a programmer for it right? Stock setting is fine.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
As long as your intake is stock then yes it will be fine. If you change the intake then you will need a fuel controller.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts