KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did a 50 mile trail ride today. This was my first time riding this machine on the trails. I did take it to the dunes a few weeks back and I thought the shocks felt pretty stiff. I already knew most people aren't big fans of the factory suspension on these. After riding at the dunes, I adjusted the front shocks pretty much all the way soft on all 3 settings. Did the same thing for the rear shock. That made the front feel pretty good imo but the rear ended up way too soft so had to make some more adjustments to the rear. Well we are on a riding trip now and I have a better feel for this machine after everything we rode over today. Had just about every terrain possible except for mud and jumps, but this will be similar to most of the areas I ride anyways, except for the dunes which are a totally different feel. This machine beat the hell out of me today. I tuns great and handles great on corners, but it beats me up pretty good through the rough stuff. Half way through I softened all 3 settings up on the rear shock. After making the adjustments it felt a lot better. Not great but I think with a couple more rear shock adjustments I can get it pretty good. Some things I do want to change are the seat, handlebar height and possibly go to a 22" front tire. Feels like my body positioning isn't the greatest. The bars need to come up quite a bit. Feels like it could also benefit from an inch taller front tire. The seat is rough. Dont mind the shape of it, but there is no cushion. If anybody has some good comfy seat recommendations please let me know. I have a few options as far as getting the bar height up.

·
Super Moderator
9,891 Posts
For a more comfortable seat look into the quadTech seat foam & cover.. here PRODUCTS

Depending on the bar height you want?
(Note the KFX handle bar clamp size is 1-1/8")

a bar riser is around $50.00 1 1/8 bar risers | eBay

or +1 stem anti-vibe clamps start around $300.00 + US

Steering +1 stem Walsh Racecraft Kawasaki Kfx450r Steering Stem +1
or

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For a more comfortable seat look into the quadTech seat foam & cover.. here PRODUCTS

Depending on the bar height you want?
(Note the KFX handle bar clamp size is 1-1/8")

a bar riser is around $50.00 1 1/8 bar risers | eBay

or +1 stem anti-vibe clamps start around $300.00 + US

Steering +1 stem Walsh Racecraft Kawasaki Kfx450r Steering Stem +1
or
Thanks for the links!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts