KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got all my parts in except the air intake cause noone has one yet. So far I have the Crower intake cam, ESR full exhaust, 15 front and 34 rear sprocket, 2" handlebar risers, removed the rear P-brake, clutch cover protector, new chain rollers, Dynojet programmer, PRM front to rear skids, And a rear cargo carry, and I think thats it. I still need footwells cause after 2 hours the left one broke. I took it out tonight without the cam, cause i just got that in a hour ago, and was wicked fast. I had my brother race me on blacktop and he weighs 60lbs less than me and I still walked by him.

After getting the Crower cam, I took alook at the stock KFX cam and then the crower one for the dirt bike and all I can say is WOW, a big difference by just looking at them. The lift is 1/3 more on the Crower. The cams on the KFX look so blah to me. Next I think I need a exhaust cam casue it look like a small lift. I did happen to drop in a c-clip in the motor. I was telling myself the whole time not to do it and then I just grabbed the cam not thinking and down it went. I pulled it out 5 minutes later with magnet tho. I also use aluminum bolts in the fender holes. Looks geat. i dont have a pic but tomarrow I will have one after I get to the bar.lol.

Jeff

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will see what I can do about video. The ESR is the best sounding exhaust I have ever heard. Something to do with the pipe gives it a cool idle. Its louder than the one for my YFZ but it works great. With the PC3 it did good and then after the cam and driving it around today, all i can say is its fast, its quick and after a couple more mods I dont think there will be that many machines that can touch me around here. I smoked my brothers kfx all over he got so pissed. It just walks right by it.

Its all nasty with the mods, if you buy this machine or have it it really wakes the $%&# up.

Jeff

·
Registered
588 Posts
I will see what I can do about video. The ESR is the best sounding exhaust I have ever heard. Something to do with the pipe gives it a cool idle. Its louder than the one for my YFZ but it works great. With the PC3 it did good and then after the cam and driving it around today, all i can say is its fast, its quick and after a couple more mods I dont think there will be that many machines that can touch me around here. I smoked my brothers kfx all over he got so pissed. It just walks right by it.
Its all nasty with the mods, if you buy this machine or have it it really wakes the $%&# up.
Jeff[/b]
Jeff, sounds great that you finally woke her up. I was afraid you were getting a little disappointed with your purchase. How does the power delivery compare to you YFZ?

-Bill

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The power delivery is very smooth like no misses and then up top it just hits realy hard. This has more torque at 1/8-1/4 throttle than my yfz even with 2 people on the kfx I can lugg in 1st with my high gearing. he yfz cant do that. When im on thr road and I hit it I can get up to about upper 70's -80 no problem in no time. I still have to gps it I just havent had time. When on the trail its geared perfect for me in 1st, its so tall I can just lug low and then hit ral high and go fast and if I need mre 2nd is plenty. This weekend when my neighbor gets back well do a line up and then well switch and find out about the power differences.

Jeff

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Uh, my YFZ450 with a WR450 is more than just quick. 82MPH on GPS with stock gearing. Its HP is in the upper 50's with all the stuff I have put in it. I can say after just riding the YFZ a minute ago if friggin close. The KFX isnt doing 82 but it takes off real good geared high and the KFX has more torque on the low end unlike the YFZ, making the KFX better on the trail. Handling is much better on the KFX but the suspension beat me up today. I also got a flat tire.lol. Im sure any regular YFZ with a original motor the KFX would eat it up, its just that the WR motor is 53hp stock wich makes it a good competitor.

Tonight Ill have GPS numbers

jeff

·
Registered
588 Posts
Uh, my YFZ450 with a WR450 is more than just quick. 82MPH on GPS with stock gearing. Its HP is in the upper 50's with all the stuff I have put in it. I can say after just riding the YFZ a minute ago if friggin close. The KFX isnt doing 82 but it takes off real good geared high and the KFX has more torque on the low end unlike the YFZ, making the KFX better on the trail. Handling is much better on the KFX but the suspension beat me up today. I also got a flat tire.lol. Im sure any regular YFZ with a original motor the KFX would eat it up, its just that the WR motor is 53hp stock wich makes it a good competitor.

Tonight Ill have GPS numbers

jeff[/b]
Jeff,

I appreciate all the work you are doing. I have learned quite a bit about the KFX just by reading all the stuff your working on. It sounds very promising that a slightly modded KFX can run with a heavily modded YFZ. Great Job!

Bill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts