KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys... so i went to the dunes this past weekend, and i wheelied over and the bike just stood straight up didnt roll or anything. But when i went to start it back up it wouldnt. And i may have just never noticed it before but the Fuel Injection light was flashing while it was turning over.

Just so we know, it has a lrd pro4 controller, lrd pro 4 exhaust and a mod quad K&N and thats it. im not positive but while it wouldnt start i dont remember hearing the fuel pump and the efi controller wasnt coming on. So i shut everything off, (lights, key, and the switch, and let it sit for a sec.) It finally started after about 5-10 min of sitting on the beach just being patient with it. It happened a second time but not while i was riding it, and when i went to help my buddy out it started right up be he said it did the same thing but who knows except him.

Im wondering who else has had this problem and what might cause it. it ran great all weekend long, besides these 2 little hiccups. but if its something that can be fixed id like to get it done before it causes more problems or happens more frequently. thanks guys!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
ur problem is probly the tip over sensor, mine came loose and was shutting off while riding or sitting there, take ur hood off adn like almost dead center there is a big square box that says UP with sum arrows on it, make that that is securely n place that should fix the problem

·
Registered
633 Posts
mine did same thing yours is doing.

If the tip sensor isn't your problem check the two wires coming off your ignition coil and make sure they're not damaged.

One of the two wires coming off my ignition coil, (the blue one) had only one little strand of wire holding it together from ripping completely apart, if this rips completely your plug won't get a spark an just one little strand holding it together will make it miss a lot.

the wire alone is connected realllly tight has no slack at all (like every wire/connector/sensor) so maybe when you came down off your wheelie it ripped it some.

i soldered a new longer wire on it an haven't had a problem since.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm i thought uit might be something more technical that either of those theories lol. well if that is the problem good news for me.

I was thinking the valves might need adjustment or something. anyways ill take a look under the hood and c what i can find out.

anyone else have any ideas? just let me know!

·
Registered
13 Posts
mine did same thing yours is doing.

If the tip sensor isn't your problem check the two wires coming off your ignition coil and make sure they're not damaged.

One of the two wires coming off my ignition coil, (the blue one) had only one little strand of wire holding it together from ripping completely apart, if this rips completely your plug won't get a spark an just one little strand holding it together will make it miss a lot.

the wire alone is connected realllly tight has no slack at all (like every wire/connector/sensor) so maybe when you came down off your wheelie it ripped it some.

i soldered a new longer wire on it an haven't had a problem since.
I know this is an old thread, but my quad died on me this weekend. Of course when I got it home and cleaned up it fired right up. Ran down the road like a champ too. I know things don’t just fix themselves, so I started searching. I found this thread. I messed with the tip sensor. It seemed fine, then I wiggle the coil and it died. Turns out my yellow/red wire off the coil was barely making contact at times and then not at all the rest of the time. Anyways thanks for the post.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts