KFX 450 HQ Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
12,067 Posts
Took a dead battery out of my other kfx that was efi and put it in my carbed bike. It started right up. So it obviously doesnt take much to power it..
That's good to know. One of those 4 cell lithium batteries that weigh about nothing would more than handle it.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
You need the battery to power the fan, starter & fuel pump, thus a charging system of a stator & regulator is needed, So the DFI system requirements is based off the chosen battery system..

But they could've used a similar setup as the KX450 CDI & capacitor power source though, if wasn't for the electric starter, fan & fuel pump...??

How would i do that? I dont have a fan, estart or fuel pump..
Look into the 2012 KX450F electrical system...ECU, flywheel & stator...

I know you'll need to machine the flywheel to fit the crank for the kx crank is smaller in diameter & positioning of the Rotor's TDC timing in relation to the crank sensor/pickup coil..& the crank sensor is positioned in the correct spot for it's in a different location than the KFX crank sensor... ...

Reference...Save 20% on 2012 OEM Kawasaki Dirt Bike & Pit Bike Parts | MotoSport
Took a dead battery out of my other kfx that was efi and put it in my carbed bike. It started right up. So it obviously doesnt take much to power it..
Nope it doesn't take much.
The ecu pretty much sends it to ground but it still needs a little bit.
And since you went carb it doesn't need that much to send to sensors
Which is why if you unplug the negative cable the quad will die
Have you tested that one yours?
I know it will die on a fuel injected one did it in class a couple months ago ran for like three seconds then died

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Bump!! Just anyone needing fuel plates made ill take orders. Will need a group of 5 to make it a go. So far ive done one group of 5. Yes. There are guys finally seeing that the kfx has potential with the fcr. Im currently working on swapping my new mx bike over! All-terrain vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Tire
Auto part Automotive engine part Carburetor Engine

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
V[ Circle
ATTACH]12030[/ATTACH

Here is what the plates look like..
They will run $60 shipped a piece

Attachments

·
Registered
12,067 Posts
What a frame! Is that candy powder/paint or anodized?

How much will the plates end up costing?

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·

Thanks! It almost looks anodized. But its powdered. Lolly pop red with super chrome base coat. And i should have mentioned that.. $60 shipped on a plate

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Put me down for a plate too.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·

Thanks! It almost looks anodized. But its powdered. Lolly pop red with super chrome base coat. And i should have mentioned that.. $60 shipped on a plate

Im gonna need 4 more. Ill make a post later this weekend.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Looks very nice! What is total cost to convert to your fuel system set up?
Thank you!!

For everything. Ur looking around 5-600 for a complete start to finish swap

·
Registered
1,249 Posts

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
the ims take dont change much at all on the bottom the tops a different story though

·
Registered
55 Posts
Bringing this up to the top to hope that Duster sees this and kkfxw does as well, all my plastics are off, im taking my harness off as well. FCR is here, as is my boot to mount the carb, im going to be working on it the next week and im going to need help with my harness. Im going with a procom, fan wired from battery to switch, headlights wired to battery and switch on handlebars, electric start. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
55 Posts
I only need the wires that come from the stator cover, the 2 plugs there to hook into the two plugs that go into the ecu, the two wires that come from the coil and go into the ecu, the wires going to the rectifier/regulator, the wires going to the ignition switch, the wires going to the handlebar switch. And the wires coming from the start button to the ecu and then to then the wire going to the starter? Like i mentioned in my post my lights and fan are to be ran seperate from the ecu

21 - 40 of 42 Posts