KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am getting ready to buy a fci intake and was just wondering how the filter that comes with the intake compares to a K&N filter. i already have a K&N and was wondering if i could just use that filter on the intake and which would be the better filter. any input would be great!!! thanks!

·
Registered
2,562 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i was thinking...i guess when i get the intake i will just have to measure it. my kfx is an hour away from me and its snowing here or i would just go measure it and ask for the measurements on the fci.
and yea the filters look just alike thats why i wondering if one was better then the other..

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
It will never fit if it is currently on your KFX.

The size is 4.5"

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
thats what i was thinking...i guess when i get the intake i will just have to measure it. my kfx is an hour away from me and its snowing here or i would just go measure it and ask for the measurements on the fci.
and yea the filters look just alike thats why i wondering if one was better then the other..
Omy, guess were suppose to get hit to.. Im right in the nw corner of missouri

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It will never fit if it is currently on your KFX.

The size is 4.5"
just what i needed to know! thank you!

ordering FCI tonight!! :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Omy, guess were suppose to get hit to.. Im right in the nw corner of missouri
yea i'm in the middle of kansas and its been snowing almost all day here

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I think the fci is like 6ply where the k&n is a 4ply.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
right on. well hopefully i can sell my k&n. can i use a k&n cleaning kit on the fci filter?

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Yea that's what i use.

·
Registered
414 Posts
The FCI is an 8 ply filter and the K&N is just a 4 ply.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I knew it was something like that.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The outerwears are very good and help keep the sh&t out and also reduces the cleaning period of the fuel customs head. I run without the box on the dunes and the intake tube is always clean!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
good to know guys. thanks for the input. got a mean green intake ordered last night..comes with filter and outerwear. can't wait to get it put on!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea i can't wait to see the difference! i had the velocity intake on my kfx400 and was pretty impressed but from reading on here i decided to spend the extra money for the fci. now just waiting to get some kx cams!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I got a hot cam stg 2 exhaust cam I will make a good deal for you.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
yea i can't wait to see the difference! i had the velocity intake on my kfx400 and was pretty impressed but from reading on here i decided to spend the extra money for the fci. now just waiting to get some kx cams!
After you get the FCI and cams, it's gonna rev out fast and pull hard through the mid range!! You might wanna switch to a 15t front, if you haven't already.

Here's a link to cheapcycleparts if your wanting new Kx cams instead of used: http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/mode...450-d6f/assemblies/61275-camshaft-s-tensioner

Also if your 3 button controller is a PCIII or JB Pro, hit up bcheek1 for a map. I'm running one of his maps with my setup and my bike runs great! :tups:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts