KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

Fan troubleshoot set to commence!

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  joeystone 
#1 ·
My fan has stopped working recently and I want to try to fix it but Im not exactly sure how to go about this. It also seems to have a high idle and the last time I went riding a few days ago, the starter button stopped working mid day. I was still able to pop start it however I took it home and washed it and the starter works again? I do have to press the button a bit more forcefully than before though. Im thinking maybe theres dirt in it? Anyone ever had this problem? Any tips before I go out and start wrenchin' would be awesome, thanks!

#3 ·
Yep, do the temp sensor test, and if it don't kick on, swap the fuse in the orange holder, and if that don't work swap the relay. And if that don't work unplug the fan and check for power (all with temp sensor unpluged).

If the power is there and the fan won't come on the last ditch thing to do is run power and ground directly to it to test the motor.

As far as the starting... check your wire coming off the starter blob and make sure it is plugged together good under the hood. Then open the starter box and clean it out inside best you can.

#5 ·
I got it working! It was just the fuze, but thanks to everyone for all their useful replies, I really appreciate it. As for the starter I cleaned out the button mechanism the best I could it seems to be better, still checking for bare wires anywhere, thanks again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.