KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i just got my new heated grips & thumb throttle, gauntlets and FMF spark arrestor from Rocky Mountain ATV. Everything mounted up fine and worked great except for the spark arrestor which didn't fit the Factory 4.1 muffler at all. I ordered it because it says replacement for all Factory 4.1/4.1C mufflers.

Stupid Spark Arrestor:
FMF Factory-4.1/4.1C Spark Arrestor | ATV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

I have the FMF Powerbomb with Factory 4.1 muffler. There's a 1" long aluminum ring with an Allen key bolt stuck in the end of the muffler. The diagram for the install shows there being a slot inside this sleeve for a metal ring to insert to hold the spark arrestor. Mine doesn't have this slot. Should I send it back to Rocky Mountain? Then what? I want a spark arrestor so i'm legal around here and i wouldn't mind taking it down a couple dB in the process.

Any suggestions? Am i missing something? If I send it back, what do I do then?

Any and all help appreciated gentlemen!

·
Registered
795 Posts
I would call them. I have the same exhaust and mine is the same. I have never tried to use a spark arrester but I have saw the diagram.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't had a chance yet but tomorrow i'm going to while i change my oil

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I thought that thick ring is just to fit the fmf muffler to the stock header.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Figured it out!!! First off, close! that ^^^ ring looks JUST like the ring to connect the Factory 4.1 muffler to the stock exhaust. This one came installed in the end of the muffler. took it out, stuffed the spark arrestor in and it stops on a lip in the muffler and fits near snug when the ring is re-installed.

So far it does the job. stops the occasional flame (only seen when warming up at night lol), quiets idle-low RPM and kills a wee bit of the bark at the top-end!

Thanks for the help guys! wish i tried more things first

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I'm glad you got it working.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts