KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to throw this out there and see what comes back.

What spare parts if any are you guys cramming into your hydration packs during your local hare scrambles or GNCC's.

I have a mini chain press/ chain breaker, master link

I was planning on throwing some 10amp mini fuses and a relay or two in there.

The relays are like $33 bucks on RMATV. anyone know where we can pick some up cheaper?

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
None. If I am by myself, vehicle keys is all.

I have fuses on board the quad. My hood stays on without the screws. So I have a box of spare fuses in the one velcro bag.

If you're going to take things with you... take something like spare goggles or gloves.

I wear pants with zip up pockets and carry spare gloves in them for quick access.

Honestly, as far as break downs, you are probably better off to ask yourself what you would like to be glad was in your pack if you are sitting out there 2 hours waiting for a tow out.

·
Registered
477 Posts
None. If I am by myself, vehicle keys is all.

I have fuses on board the quad. My hood stays on without the screws. So I have a box of spare fuses in the one velcro bag.

If you're going to take things with you... take something like spare goggles or gloves.

I wear pants with zip up pockets and carry spare gloves in them for quick access.

Honestly, as far as break downs, you are probably better off to ask yourself what you would like to be glad was in your pack if you are sitting out there 2 hours waiting for a tow out.
---^^^^^^^^^^^---

Probably some food!!!!!! Lol....

·
Registered
445 Posts
Jumper cables for when your battery dies because your decompression spring broke.

Tow strap.

Food, water and one of those silver foil space blankets to keep the sun, wind and rain off when you're sitting in the middle of nowhere for hours. Again.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All of these sound great, fortunately i didnt break at Unadilla. Finished 13th in the 30+c class AKA "30+ A/B" Just busting balls. I did have a small chain press, chain breaker, and master link in the back pouch. And some 10 amps and a spare relay. Wich brings me to the next thread about hydration packs and how the small zipper pouch on the Moose XCR pack doesnt stay shut and all that stuff flys out when your hauling ass. . Lesson learned. Double check that you zipped your pouches

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Ya i had a small tool kit in my yfz but its really usless if im breaking down its usually something that cant b fixd quickly luckily the yammahammer doesnt break down but it will drive itself without u i learned that at unadilla lmfao!!

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Dang... I was waiting for the KFX guy... well looked like a white/red KFX guy who got pushed into a tree... to come knock someone's block off at the bottle neck.

In light of this video I think I will start packing a club in my pack :D

Did you not have a tether there or did it just roll? I've had to chase mine down before too. When you come off with a rekluse it's kinda one or the other. No tether it keeps going... tether and the engine kills and it rolls off lol...

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Dang... I was waiting for the KFX guy... well looked like a white/red KFX guy who got pushed into a tree... to come knock someone's block off at the bottle neck.

In light of this video I think I will start packing a club in my pack :D

Did you not have a tether there or did it just roll? I've had to chase mine down before too. When you come off with a rekluse it's kinda one or the other. No tether it keeps going... tether and the engine kills and it rolls off lol...
My tethers on a magnet so it pops off easy i hate wearing that thing the cords way too short on it
Ya guys were gtn heated at that little pileup!

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Yeah figured the guy that got wrecked at 9:06 was going to walk past you at the bottleneck and slug the guy who wrecked him at that bottleneck.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Two laps of that mess until gncc officials cut a go around in lost alota time there laps 1 and 2!
Figured being in sportman a b class now id avoid alota those but no bottlenecks always seem to find me and keep me parkd for a few minutes wtf!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts