KFX 450 HQ Forum banner
2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  jlsmit 
#1 ·
hi i just got my kfx 450r and i was looking to buy an exhaust pipe. Does any one have any suggestions about which exhaust i should buy, and what are your thoughts on dual exaust systems.
Thanks guys please comment.

#2 ·
HMF, Jardine, or Curtis Sparks are all great pipes on this quad. Jardine is way back-ordered last I heard though, so I'd say HMF or Curtis Sparks. A lot of people swear by the DASA on this quad, but some of their older systems at least had horrible problems with cracking welds and blowing out packing...though people have been claiming the newer systems are holding up. The dual systems are over-priced, heavier, and don't make as much power. Don't expect huge gains out of a pipe until you put a new intake and fuel programmer on the quad though.

#3 ·
^^^^^ +++++ 1

#6 ·
I remember seeing dyno runs a long time back of it vs a Curtis Sparks and the Curtis Sparks system always out-performed it. There is a reason that you rarely see dual exhausts on any 450...they simply don't perform and they add weight. I know several people who have had duals and switched to singles to get more power. Every exhaust company makes ridiculous claims like that, but I can tell ya for a fact that gains like that aren't possible with any exhaust on this quad. The stock intake tube is the limiting factor on this quad as it is a horrible design.

For an intake, you should pick up an FCI (Fuel Customs) or Fuel ATV intake. I like the Fuel ATV box a lot more, but the FCI makes a bit more power. You can also get either of them with or without a box depending on what type of riding you do. For a controller, I'd look at a PCIII or Two Brothers Juicebox Pro as maps are easy to find for them and they are tried and proven products. If you run just an exhaust you won't need a programmer, but if you put an intake on it you NEED a programmer on there b/c it will lean it out horribly.

#7 ·
They look cool, but add extra un-needed weight.

HMF, Jardine, or Curtis Sparks are all great pipes on this quad. Jardine is way back-ordered last I heard though, so I'd say HMF or Curtis Sparks. A lot of people swear by the DASA on this quad, but some of their older systems at least had horrible problems with cracking welds and blowing out packing...though people have been claiming the newer systems are holding up. The dual systems are over-priced, heavier, and don't make as much power. Don't expect huge gains out of a pipe until you put a new intake and fuel programmer on the quad though.
HMF Competition , Yoshi , Sparks are great exhaust, but Jardine's are starting to show signs of wear around the flange.

the DMC dual exhaust claims to add some where around 20% hp and 20% torque, would you belive that and it cost $600. should i still stay away from the dual exhaust
You can always get a better deal by calling us, but even at 600.00 they still add extra weight. I think you'll be better off with a single combined with a FCI intake and a fuel controller. The FCI intake is where majority of the extra power comes from out of the big three kit.

Please feel free to contact us if your interested in more information or prices. 270-774-1982 / Sales@kbmotorsportsonline.com

This is our latest best bang for the dollar: Motoworks SR4 G2 Full Exhaust

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.