KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wholly hell! I'm mid swap with kx cams. While overhauling the decompression mechanism to the new kx exhaust cam the pin and spring cam out from the center of the cam. It's a real SOB to transfer to the new cam. We had to pull some ingenuity to get it to the new cam. Drop the pin through the center first. Then thread the spring through the outside of the hole around the tiny pin. And I mean the tiny hole in the side of the cam. We had to use a mini flat head to assist.
I know there is a tool for this type of swap but nobody gave me the heads up on this before we took on the project.
Fingers crossed that it works right!

Winz

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
ya it can be a pain.

what map are you going to run on your procom? let me know

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got it all back together last night -well mostly. I somehow lost the grommet for the frame mount and the gas tank. New one will be here thursday. I did fire it up though. Sounded different. I want to say it sounded sportier and kind of louder but not by much at all. I'm going to try running map 9 first. I'm not too savvy on programming the pro com so im just going to cross my fingers for now. If not I might see if good ol Duster might be down for one more program. I hope he's not all Honda now...

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
definately let me know how map 9 works! if it works decent ill just pick up some kx cams and throw it on map 9 and go!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Odd how map 7 works for you right now. Map 9 kicks ass for me -before cams of course.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Ive only ever used map 7. it seems to run great. although maybe ill try map 9 now lol what is your elevation where you ride?

if map 9 works for kx cams ill get some asap. I just don't want to worry about custom tuning. cause if the procom takes a dump while we are on a trip im screwed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts