KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking about putting some engine accent lights on. i saw a dude in Glamis that had some and it looked really cool. also another dude had like ground effect lights and that looked pretty cool too! share some pictures if anyone has any!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just put some on my brothers grizzly just bought the led strips from Walmart and tapped into the head light switch cheap and simple took about an hour and has held up in the mud and pond

·
Registered
811 Posts
I had some green LED's strip's on mine before I took them off 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I replaced my fender bolts and clips with LEDs...see pic..

dust devil thats SICK! man, im getting some this weekend. not gonna take your idea, but i am going to think of something!

·
Registered
2,657 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3W5o9Ls62s
isnt very clearbut those are flashing green and blue i did have solid green the whol way around but took them off due to the rebuilt

thats pretty cool man i am going to look for some good ones then hook it up. that would be cool to have blinking one on the bottom of the bike. thanks for sharing that video neverstopwheelie!

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Yea i had it on youtube a while i think so i just poseted it but i will say if you put the lights up frount put them on the verticle frame bar in frount of the radiator not on the fender they will fall off

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Here ya go, this is my bike and everybody says it's bright when i go to the dunes..

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here ya go, this is my bike and everybody says it bright when i go to the dunes..

that is tight i want my bike done this way! can you give me a little info on where to get lights like this and install?

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Sure, i got the lights at AutoZone, they are LED's and they have white, green, blue, red, yellow, purple and pink i believe. They have a 3M tape backing that's very sticky, so make you sure you know where you want them placed before you put them on.

I put 2 4in strips under the seat, 1 long one on each side of the motor on the bottom side of the frame rails under the tank and 1 4in one under the rear brace on the front of the frame, in front of the steering stem.

Install is easy, just run a power wire with an inline 15a fuse from the battery to a 3 prong toggle or rocker switch, connect each ground from the lights to a wire grounded to the frame, then connect the ground to the switch and each power wire from the lights to the accessory prong on the switch. I mounted my switch on the front fender about where the key switch would be, but on the opposite side. On the hood, under the indicator lights would also be a good place to mount it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts