KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrite my 08 Kfx 450r runs great when it runs but it's the second time I've replaced the battery in the last two years and the latest ones dead now too! I replace the battery and it starts and runs fine but after it sits for more that a day or so it will be completely dead. I've tried to charge the battery on a slow charge for hours but nothing the quad will run if jumped by the battery charger but as soon as the charger is removed the quad stops running. Any help? Please I'm sick of buying batteries!

·
Super Moderator
9,909 Posts
I agree with bcheek1 test your voltage regulator and your stator output...!!!

If it dies when power supply is removed from the battery indicates a problem stator or broken stator connection...check the wires for shorts and breakage

What is the battery's full charge voltage...??? 12.8v standard.

·
Super Moderator
9,909 Posts
well im not sure where i got that u had them and thats why i dont have them, a little sporty.
Duster mentioned awhile back that he got a kawi race ecu with cables and converter not sure if he owns it or are loaned to him...???

Not sure if any one want's to spend $500.00 excluding the ECU on them...

There's a new member that has the race ECU set-up but needed the software CD because his was damaged and I offered to sell him mine...can't remember who though...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts