KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still trying to figure out if my electric fan works, i have yet to see it kick on and someone said these don't have a thermostat? I'm NOT overheating but it feels hot on my leg and I never see the fan kick on so I was kind of concerned. Any input would be appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Pretty sure I have only heard mine kick on while at idle when hot or when the bike is off sitting with the key on when we take a break.

·
Super Moderator
9,909 Posts
It should kick on at around 190 degrees F...if your using the OEM ECU you can dis connect the water temp sensor on the back of the cylinder the fan should kick on when the key is on, note your F.I dash light will remain lit...!!!

With the Procom ECU dis connect the water temp sensor and use a paper clip and stick it into the connector connecting the wires together to force the fan to come on...

If the fan doesn't come on, check the 10amp fuses and fan relay for working properly...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
going right now to try this
i already put a new relay and the fuses looked good and i could find no broken wires

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok so i unplugged just the plug in from the head, turned key on, NO fan. I have already put in a new relay and the 10amp fuse is fine, i changed it to be sure, next thing to do? thanks guys

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok i bought the kfx used, i found a wire loose on the RIGHT side of the wiring and would love to see a pic of what one is supposed to look like to see if someone has messed up the wiring on the right side..... i see a plug that is laying loose but i dont see anything to plug it into

·
Super Moderator
9,909 Posts
ok i bought the kfx used, i found a wire loose on the RIGHT side of the wiring and would love to see a pic of what one is supposed to look like to see if someone has messed up the wiring on the right side..... i see a plug that is laying loose but i dont see anything to plug it into

what's the wire color that your asking about...???

there's the self diagnostic plugs you will find on the right side...see pic

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the pic, yea theres a couple that are loose right there, i didn't realize what they were for, i gotta find the other orange box i only see one so i'll dig harder, mine is a 2009

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok thank goodness the fuse was blown. I couldn't see the other orange box it was hidden from me, didn't know there were 2. So now with a new fuse and unplugged from head, FAN kicks ON! Any idea why these blow fuses so often? I replaced the relay just in case. Thanks for you help guys!

·
Super Moderator
9,909 Posts
ok thank goodness the fuse was blown. I couldn't see the other orange box it was hidden from me, didn't know there were 2. So now with a new fuse and unplugged from head, FAN kicks ON! Any idea why these blow fuses so often? I replaced the relay just in case. Thanks for you help guys!
a loose or bad connection can cause the voltage to drop and the amps to surge, for it's the amps that blows fuses...put dielectric grease in all your electrical connection to prevent corrosion which causes bad connections...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts