KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a kfx 450r not too long ago and have had nothing but problems since. I've pretty much taken the entire thing apart and put it back together. Finally, I got everything back together and got to ride it a few times only to find out that the PC3 that was on there is dying now. I need recommendations on a replacement unit. Should I just stick with a new power commander, or should I get a different brand. What do people recommend? The only mod on the quad is an aftermarket intake with the airbox lid removed. I intend to add a new exhaust at some time in the near future. Is an ecu necessary even?

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
I got a kfx 450r not too long ago and have had nothing but problems since. I've pretty much taken the entire thing apart and put it back together. Finally, I got everything back together and got to ride it a few times only to find out that the PC3 that was on there is dying now. I need recommendations on a replacement unit. Should I just stick with a new power commander, or should I get a different brand. What do people recommend? The only mod on the quad is an aftermarket intake with the airbox lid removed. I intend to add a new exhaust at some time in the near future. Is an ecu necessary even?
Is this intake tube aftermarket?

otherwise you don’t need a fuel controller.

I would get a pcV if i was you.

sparks has a map on their Site for full exhaust and fci intake

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this intake tube aftermarket?

otherwise you don’t need a fuel controller.

I would get a pcV if i was you.

sparks has a map on their Site for full exhaust and fci intake
I bought it second hand. The previous owner said it was a Dasa intake. No t certain how accurate that

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dasa makes exhaust system not air intake systems...!...

Is your intake tube stock or aftermarket...see picture circled is stock, un-circled is FCI
I believe it is an after market intake. Looks nothing like the stock one. I attached a couple pictures so you can see for sure. Is the bike safe to ride without an ecu as it sits, or should i order a pc5?
20200907_033621.jpg 20200907_033643.jpg

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
I believe it is an after market intake. Looks nothing like the stock one. I attached a couple pictures so you can see for sure. Is the bike safe to ride without an ecu as it sits, or should i order a pc5?
View attachment 28451 View attachment 28452
The dasa intake hasn’t been sold in years it’s essentially a diy ltr intake with a box and bigger filter

you need a fuel controller

·
Super Moderator
9,850 Posts
View attachment 28451 View attachment 28452
Yea that's a Fuel ATV intake system....Dasa sold them as part of a complete package, Dasa Full exhaust, air intake & fuel controller back in the day...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Thanks so much for your help. Where is the best place to pick up a pcV?
eBay is probably the cheapest at 300$

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
eBay is probably the cheapest at 300$
Perfect. Got it heading my way already. Damn shipping takes 10 days nowadays so I'll be out of commission for a while i guess. Again, thanks for all the help everyone. This site is an invaluable resource and I appreciate all the kind people willing to help total strangers. If anyone needs a place to ride in south-central Texas, let me know!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So now I have a new problem. I can't find a tune for my setup. All I have is the aftermarket air intake and stock exhaust. Does anyone have a map for that?

·
Super Moderator
9,850 Posts
So now I have a new problem. I can't find a tune for my setup. All I have is the aftermarket air intake and stock exhaust. Does anyone have a map for that?
PCV map for a Fuel custom intake & full exhaust..Sparks racing...

pvm
KFX 450 Sparks Racing Fuel Map FCI (Size: 2.4 KB)
2008-2014 Kawasaki KFX450, Sparks Racing X6 Exhaust, Fuel Customs Intake (For PCV and Dynatek FI controllers)

·
Super Moderator
9,850 Posts
I don't have an exhaust yet... I tried this map and it led to some serious bogging at the top end.
You can make adjustments to the Fuel map with the PCV software..?

I would have recommended a 3 button controller due to availability for dyno tuned maps for the PCV...Maybe you can find one here from Dynojet.. Tunes | Dynojet

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You can make adjustments to the Fuel map with the PCV software..?

I would have recommended a 3 button controller due to availability for dyno tuned maps for the PCV...Maybe you can find one here from Dynojet.. Tunes | Dynojet
I'll try a few different maps today. Worst case scenario I could go get it dyno tuned myself, but I really don't want to do that before I get the exbaust and stuff on it. no one on here does or has a bunch of pcv maps?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts