KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the rear bumper on this thing is high off the ground.

You figure that out quick when you get stuck.

I'd like to get one for next season but I dunno I am not coming up with much.

Houser - Dont like

Armadillo - Not sure

Blingstar - Not sure about their products

PRM - Looks the nicest but still not sure.

Anybody have one of these or any other brand they can show me?
I think my biggest thing is that I run a rear number plate and I'm not sure how it's all going to work out together.

I might just need to have something custom made that will give me drop and not block my number plate.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Alot of people in my series make a custom lower grab bar pretty easy to marry one with an aftermarket bumper or even stock!get a second stock grab bar or if you get an aftermarket one u can reuse your old stocked!my buddy Steve just drill a couple holes and mounted the stock grab bar below is current bar at a downward angle works great for leverage!he also runs a number plate and you can still c it just fine I will try to get a pic for u!

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alot of people in my series make a custom lower grab bar pretty easy to marry one with an aftermarket bumper or even stock!get a second stock grab bar or if you get an aftermarket one u can reuse your old stocked!my buddy Steve just drill a couple holes and mounted the stock grab bar below is current bar at a downward angle works great for leverage!he also runs a number plate and you can still c it just fine I will try to get a pic for u!
That would be cool.

I was thinking a custom build, or maybe a custom like the PRM Control... but with a 7" drop 9" wide so the number plate could sit in there.

Never know though, no more than some of them drop, a plate might not look stupid below them. Suzuki goes below the exhaust and looks OK... dunno...

·
Registered
811 Posts
I have the houser and love it.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I run the Houser on the kawi and like it a lot. I run a number plate just fine I do run mounts to drop the number plate a little

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Show me what yall got when you get a chance.

·
Registered
811 Posts

This is the Best picture that I got.

·
Registered
811 Posts

Here is a good picture of the DFR frame guards.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is Rath making something because I have to say I have been totally impressed by them and their products.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I love my rath nerfs but i want the pro armor rear grab bar. I love the way it looks.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Duster are you serious about RATH? Didnt you bitch and complain about their chit not fittiing? I know their XC front dont fit, I did talk to jennifer about that, they did make an adjustment on it....but we are running the RATH MX bumper this year on Pamies bike. it just doesnt have the bottom plate that the XC does.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Duster are you serious about RATH? Didnt you bitch and complain about their chit not fittiing? I know their XC front dont fit, I did talk to jennifer about that, they did make an adjustment on it....but we are running the RATH MX bumper this year on Pamies bike. it just doesnt have the bottom plate that the XC does.
Yes I did, because yes the XC bumper did not fit. They added the skid without any R&D test fitting is why.

I was pretty ticked off about the situation not because it did not fit but because I was not getting a response back. But there was good reason for that.

I ended up with the MX bumper as well and I can tell you it is the exact same construction, less the skid and it has been really good. The materials have been good and the powder coat has been tough as well.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts