KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know how the dr.d compares to the dasa exhaust? Dirt wheels mag built a kfx that with just dr.d full exhaust/ mod box, kx cams, and fuel customs intake it blew all the other quads( yfz, ltr, ds, Trx, and can-am) in the shoot out out of the water. But all I read about on this site is dasa?
Thanks guys

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
If you want great power but horrible reliability, get a DASA. Their packing is miserable and I've seen tons of people break their welds. If you want something that'll last, go another route. I just got an HMF Comp Series and I really like it so far, but you can't go wrong w/any of the major manufacturers. If sound is an issue, hitting up Ken @ KB for a great price on the Jardine RT99 is a great way to go. I ran it all last season with great results.

·
Registered
412 Posts
If noise is an issue, the Dasa and HMF are loud. The Dr.D and the Jardine RT-99 are both quieter at 99 decibels, but still put out a descent amount of power.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Check out Ken's price on the Dr D at KBmotorsports and I think that will take care of this decision for you.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
If you want great power but horrible reliability, get a DASA. Their packing is miserable and I've seen tons of people break their welds. If you want something that'll last, go another route. I just got an HMF Comp Series and I really like it so far, but you can't go wrong w/any of the major manufacturers. If sound is an issue, hitting up Ken @ KB for a great price on the Jardine RT99 is a great way to go. I ran it all last season with great results.

And have you personnaly ever ran a dasa exhaust? Never heard of a exhaust being unreliable. As far as i know every exhaust will need to be repacked depending on how much and how hard you ride.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Horrible quality, really...? The price don't reflect that? Wth?

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
It's all over the forums guys... you all don't read much.

The packing and construction is not all that great.

Some other companies use higher quality packing material that lasts longer and have better materials and craftsmanship.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I dont see to many dasa's on peoples race bikes.....hey I am just sayin.....and if a privateer runs it, you can count on it being decent, but I think I saw one all last year. Us non-factory non-big manufacturer sponsored folks known as privateers go with what work and are dependable and cost effective. Once again I am just sayin...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Im picking up a supertrapp tc edition for mine in a few weeks and cant wait. My buddy has been running it the last few years and it has great sounds quality and awsome power.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts