KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how well does the dobeck efi controller work?

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
The dobeck is an OK controller. The power commander is the one to have. With the power commander you can dowload maps right off the internet and install them. You can adjust the a/f every 250RPM when tunning. It is WELL WORHT the $100.00 extra bucks. Here are some of the benefits

-Dobeck-
PROS
* costs about $100.00 less then the power commander

CONS
* cannot tune with a lap top
* cannot download maps onto it
* cannot share your map with another person
* externally adjustable only

-Power Commander-
PROS
* can tune via laptop
* can download maps onto it
* can share your map with others
* externally adjustable also

CONS
* $100.00 more then the Dobeck

FUELATV

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how well does the dobeck efi controller work?[/b]
thanks that helped me a lot, but where is the best place to get a power commander

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GOT IT ........ i will ship it tomorrow

Thanks
FUELATV[/b]
OK when would you estimate the time i should recieve it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here is my list

-Dobeck-
PROS
* don't need a computer and cables to adjust, so can make changes anywhere at any time.
* can share your map with others simply by reading the 3 numbers from controler.
* can track changes with pencil and paper.

CONS
* have not found any.

-Power Commander-
PROS

CONS

I run the Dobeck and a buddy runs the Power comander.

I think that they do the same job but the power comander is a lot more work to tweek it.

I went out riding the other day and it was a lot hotter them it had been so I wanted to adjust mine.

I pulled a small screw driver out of my tool pouch and had it done in about 3 minites.

My friend with the power commander only had done his with a computer in his shop so he was unable to make any changes.

I log my changes in a notepad in my tool box and I can refer back to it at any time.

Also I have shared my settings with many by simply telling them what the 3 numbers are set to.

It is kinda neet that you can hook your ATV to a computer to tweek it I just think that it is a bit overkill.

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
Here is my list

-Dobeck-
PROS
* don't need a computer and cables to adjust, so can make changes anywhere at any time.
* can share your map with others simply by reading the 3 numbers from controller.
* can track changes with pencil and paper.

CONS
* have not found any.
-Power Commander-
PROS

CONS
I run the Dobeck and a buddy runs the Power commander.

I think that they do the same job but the power commander is a lot more work to tweak it.

I went out riding the other day and it was a lot hotter them it had been so I wanted to adjust mine.

I pulled a small screw driver out of my tool pouch and had it done in about 3 minutes.

My friend with the power commander only had done his with a computer in his shop so he was unable to make any changes.

I log my changes in a notepad in my tool box and I can refer back to it at any time.

Also I have shared my settings with many by simply telling them what the 3 numbers are set to.

It is kinda neat that you can hook your ATV to a computer to tweak it I just think that it is a bit overkill.[/b]
Some valid points you have there I guess it matters who you ask. My buddy has a Dobeck for his 700 Raptor and loves it, he doesn't like to have to tweak it and he has no desire to adjust the ignition timing. I currently have neither but will be buying either the Power Commander or the Kawasaki ECU both are supposed to have the ability to adjust timing (the Power Commander will require an additional module) and are programmable via computer which works great for me. My laptop goes with me almost everywhere (due to work) and I am a "geek" so being able to see it and program it is a definite advantage to me. Plus the ease of returning to the "exact" config I had previously loaded is something I look forward to. I can turn a wrench and have no fear of that but I am much more in my element in front of a computer.

Also the Power commander is adjustable without a computer if you needed to tweak it when you are out riding. The other thing that may or may not ever happen is the ability to extend the rev limit which is something that power commander has done for motorcycles, that is something that the Dobeck will never be able to do in it's current configuration.

I think they both do a good job but in my opinion if you are chasing the best performance over the long run you are going to be dealing with a unit that is programmable via a computer. This is just my opinion.

Besides in the quest for power what is $100?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts