KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having difficulties riveting my exhaust back together, I went to home depot 3 times already!!! trying to get the right size rivets. I tried 3/16 x 1/4, 3/16 x 1/2, 3/16 x 1/8 none of them are working. The rivet heads are large enough in diameter to cover the hole from the outside, but the inside expanding section of the rivet is not large enough to keep it held in they just fall out.

Do you have any other ideas in mind?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Why are you using rivets? Mine uses allen head screws did they change something or did the threads for the screws strip out?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Must be older than 2008 cuz mine is a 2008 pipe, with allen screws. Just sayin......never seen a Dasa with rivets. Hmmm

·
Registered
747 Posts
Weel I think the diameter of the rivets you are using are too small then. Get a grill bit that fits the hole to gage the hole size (it should be snug) and order rivets acordingly. You should also order your rivet part number by the depth of the hole as well meaning if the hole is 1/4" deep there should be at least around 3/16" or so sticking out the backside of the hole with the rivet pushed all the way in.. It is always best to start with fresh clean holes as well when you are riveting. As well use some High Temp RTV when installing them. Just smear it around the rivet shank and dab a little in the hole before inserting the rivet and pulling the stem.

Hope this helps but without my hole gages and depth gages there to measure and order the rivets myself thats about all I can tell you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts