KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m planning on heading to Indiana to race my 1st GNCC race and was wondering if I’m going to have problems with my DASA exhaust? I’m not real sure if it’s close to the dB limit or not.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Nope. They don't check, I have the classic dasa. I ran Unadilla and powerline with no problems.

·
Registered
264 Posts
If your still worried about being to loud you can get in touch with kevin at dasa and pick up a quiet core style insert. its like 30 bucks

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I think I'll just run it the way it's setup. At the end of the day I just want to run the course and as long as they don't check before the race and stop me I'm good to go.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Nope, they won't. Just don't act crazy at tech inspection with it and it's all good.

I do wonder what these are like with the quiet core though...

·
Registered
394 Posts
Check to make sure transponder works and comes up with the proper rider number. Then he will look to the left for a second, to the right a second, and then say looks good. So basically nothing. Once your in the tent the whole process takes less than 10 seconds.

·
Registered
264 Posts
they will have you pull the tether and then put a little tag on your cables. That's about all there is to it. Duster it doesn't sound bad, you can tell it is a little quieter though. But I took mine back out.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Yeah, get in line early Mr. Bigwheel. I think they will forward you to safety inspection, then argue over which class you should be allowed to compete, then tell tell you to turn your head and cough... lol...

·
Registered
462 Posts
Lol! I'd like to see the way people look at mr big wheel. It'll be awesome if you pull the win and then everyone starts running huge tires hahahaha. And you'll be good with the dasa, I don't think there's one person in the PM race that's even close to being under 100 DB lol

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
I think it is going to work and surprise everyone.
Hopefully I am there to see it.

KFX450R 2x4 FTW

·
Registered
462 Posts
Tech line depends when you go, if you go thru it Friday eve after most people get signed up they usually sit until tech opens, so there will be a line, Saturday morning around 9 is usually not a bad time your in and out. But whenever you do go the line moves fast, it's really only about ten seconds a quad lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts